Instructional Designer at GoDaddy
Get to know us
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join our team
GoDaddy’s instructional design team develops high-quality training for employees around the world. In this role, you’ll work with partners, subject matter specialists, and other learning professionals to craft and develop self-paced, blended, and instructor-led training through technology-based learning programs.
You'll use your design and project management abilities to build multifaceted learning experiences that reach thousands of employees - from new employees, to senior leadership. You thrive in a fast-paced, environment where priorities and timelines encourage you to find creative, informed, and innovative learning solutions.
You believe in the learner experience, searching for ways to make it better, and consider experimentation part of your development practice, and you welcome feedback as a friendly and constructive tool for improving both yourself and the team.
You’re always looking to learn a new tool, promoting your professional development, and you’re most comfortable when presented with a challenge to solve.
Location: Your Manager is in Iowa, but this role can work from any US based GoDaddy location.
What you'll get to do...
- Support the design, development, and maintenance of training materials
- Apply the basic principles of adult learning theory to identify options and recommend the most appropriate learning strategy to meet business and performance objectives.
- Scope, design, and develop creative, learner-centered training programs to support a variety of delivery types, including instructor-led, virtual, blended, and self-paced training.
- Design instruction that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners
- Actively participate and/or facilitate in-person or virtual meetings as needed to support learning projects
- You will develop in multiple modalities including synchronous and asynchronous remote learning, classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules and simulations, videos, facilitator guides, student guides, job aids, and resource materials
- You will collaborate with partners and other members of Learning & Development on projects to ensure effective instructional design and excellent visual design
- Provide improvements and revisions to existing materials based on SME feedback
- Ensure standard methodologies across all projects, content, and sites
Your experience should include...
- 3 - 5 years of instructional design and curriculum development experience building instructor-led and eLearning training
- Proficiency crafting and designing content using tools such as; Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, Premiere Pro, or Articulate Storyline
- Experience turning raw source material into visually appealing, and engaging learning experiences
- Ability to collaborate with experienced professionals to ensure course development of sophisticated concepts is accurate, concise, and clear
- Project and time management skills, with ability to coordinate tasks and meet objectives with quality in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, vetting and refining each result to the highest quality
- Proven understanding of learning and content management systems
- You will be asked to provide a work sample demonstrating your experience and skill using course authoring tools and ID theory
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.