Manager, User Experience and Design at SailPoint
SailPoint is looking for a self-directed, creative, and collaborative User Experience (UX) Manager. The UX Manager will lead a diverse group to UX/UI Designers who support the software platforms at SailPoint. The UX Manager is responsible for creating a positive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity while assisting in the delivery and fulfillment of product goals.
The UX Manager will work with the team to conduct research, create customer scenarios, ensure business requirements are considered and incorporated into the platforms from conceptualization to realization, and create the UX strategy in collaboration with the platform product teams. The UX team works with product management, development, technical writers, DevOps, QA, marketing, and services to deliver the best user experience for our customers.
- Build, professionally develop, and manage a team of new and experienced UX/UI designers
- Ensure the UX/UI designers are highly engaged in UX department activities
- Work closely with the UX/UI designers on scope, sizing, and priority of tasks to ensure timely design deliveries
- Delegate responsibilities appropriately to UX/UI designers while maintaining ultimate accountability for the execution of those responsibilities
- Support and encourage intelligent UX innovation to create and deliver user experiences that improve the customer interaction and experience with the SailPoint platforms
- Encourage and perform the appropriate customer research to ensure design plans fulfill the product requirements and create a positive user experience
- Create and refine the UX vision, that is in line with the SailPoint organizational values, and then inspire and ensure the UX team produces compelling and industry-leading work
- Develop an awareness of the platforms’ strengths and limitations relative to market trends, competitive threats, market opportunities, and customer experience with an eye towards recommendations for adjustments in the product features that would lead to an improved user experience
- In collaboration with Product Management, and other departments, help identify new market opportunities for the platforms.
- 5+ years of experience managing teams, to include managing UX teams or UX professionals
- Experience delivering product projects on a large scale in a SaaS environment
- Experience training and mentoring new UX/UI designers
- Experience with strategy formulation in conjunction with other product departments
- Analytical skills that ensure accurate interpretation of research and thus the accurate formulation of the most suitable user experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) both internally with department staff and key stakeholders and externally with customers
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and inspire a diverse group of creative people
- Proven ability to research and experiment with unfamiliar subject matter
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design, Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Marketing or an equivalent work experience
- Experience with continuous delivery (SaaS) and traditional enterprise software
- Significant professional experience designing for a SaaS product
- Enterprise or B2B product familiarity
- Identity management experience
- HTML coding, IT, or programming experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.