Motion Graphics Editor at A Cloud Guru
CREATIVE | INNOVATIVE | GROUNDBREAKER
We are looking for a Motion Graphics Editor to help build and execute on our content marketing strategy that excites and engages users in the cloud community. Our ideal candidate is a gifted creative with a strong mix of storyteller, animator, and editor who can take ownership and run with ideas translating those into a visual story within our brand.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.
CHOOSE ONE AND DELETE THE REST INCLUDING THIS!It’s a FUN work environment. Like a beautiful garden, we are given opportunities to grow.” - Alexander, Customer Support Specialist As a Motion Graphics Editor at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Work with different cross-functional teams to shape ideas into visually compelling memorable stories.
- Partner closely across the business, including with our Content Marketing and Digital Marketing teams, to deliver an effective and efficient video assets that meet business objectives
- Take ownership of projects big and small. You’ll work on a wide range of deliverables, from producing a quick internal video shoot to assisting the lead producer on larger productions.
- Bring projects to life using creative editing and motion graphics skills and techniques.
- Manage and maintain source material, projects, and other assets across multiple channels including our website, social and YouTube.
- Help shape new workflows and processes and video guidelines in a fast-paced and cross-functioning team.
- Contribute to the video production process as needed.
- You are a visual storyteller with at least three years of professional experience in video production, editing, and motion graphics with a company or agency
- An impressive demo reel demonstrating a strong background in video and motion graphic editing
- Expertise with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and the Adobe Creative Suite
- A strong sense of timing, typography, composition and color
- Passionate about details; a problem solver with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and an ability to hit deadlines
- Experience working and collaborating independently and/or with a team
- A knack for being able to prioritize and run multiple ongoing projects
- The ability to provide and receive feedback in a positive and constructive manner
- Experience with 3rd party motion graphic plugins (i.e. Red Giant, Video Co-Pilot, Element etc) a plus
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- We’re looking for someone who will bring their knack for storytelling and compelling visual style to our in-house creative department.
- You have a working and expanding grasp of video production, from ideation and concepting, to filming, through post-production experience to create compelling digital video content.
- You are an energetic self-starter, who can confidently juggle multiple priorities with an innate attention to detail.
- You enjoy a fast paced environment, and consider yourself a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to video.
- You aren’t afraid to tackle any area of production, or learn new production skills when the opportunity arises.
- You’ll strive to create custom branded content and continue to evangelize our brand visuals, to set our video content — and therefore our company — apart.
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of SalesMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got your covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll bring you onsite to talk face to face, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.