The Points Guy | Product Designer at Red Ventures
The Points Guy is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Product Designer with the skills and the drive to build and maintain first-class digital experiences. Our goal is to help the world return to travel safely and ambitiously, with all the tools they need to carry them through their travels.
The product designer will be an integral part of the app design team, working closely with other Product Designers, Product Management, Content Designers and Engineering teams to develop new features, improve the usability and utility of existing ones, and maintain design systems. The ideal candidate will demonstrate expertise with iOS and android best practices, complex problem solving skills and have experience working collaboratively.
From planning to design, testing and rollout, this candidate will leverage strong UX and visual design skills, interpersonal communication skills and ideation/conceptual skills with the aim of making our product simpler, smarter and more personalized to the needs of our users.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the app team to lead design and iteration of products and features for the TPG app and its brand using established design systems and industry best practices
- Influence and shape the product and feature design direction
- Collaborate with fellow Product Designers, Business Leads, Product Managers, Engineers, UX Researchers, Content Designers and Data Analysts to create and iterate user experiences
- Collaborate with product owners on problem solving for new or improved features
- Deliver high-quality, polished visual designs and detailed flows to development teams and stay engaged through design QA
- Rapidly ideate, concept and prototype solutions at the right level of fidelity with the right tools
- Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first
- Advocate for design standards, best practices and accessibility across the organization
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process and how your final design aligns with both business / customer goals
- Mentor more junior designers and share your insights and experience in critique sessions
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years in product design, digital design or similar
- Experience designing across multiple mobile devices (iOS, Android, mobile web, etc)
- A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
- A deep arsenal of design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc)
- Skilled in user-centered design and strategic thinking methodologies
- Experience with co-creation/design sprints
- Outstanding user experience problem solving skills and visual design aesthetics
- A strong drive in overcoming obstacles to make a product successful
- An understanding of date-informed designs that solves business problems
- Strong prioritization and documentation skills
- Knowledge of credit cards, loyalty programs and points and miles preferred
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]