Product Design Lead at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.Product Design Lead
BigCommerce is the world's leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture, app ecosystem, and market-leading performance.BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software and powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, 30 Fortune 1000 companies, and industry-leading brands, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry's, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony and Toyota.
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using Bigcommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
What you’ll do:
- In collaboration with product management and engineering, lead the strategic direction for product experiences.
- Lead and facilitate workshops to craft compelling user experiences and qualify the needs of our customers and for our business.
- Execute design across the entire product lifecycle and product launches.
- Collaborate with product designers from other teams and offices to ensure our solutions are consistent and familiar.
- Produce wireframes, design artifacts and experience flows for BigCommerce’s mobile experiences.
- Create the infrastructure and tooling needed to execute on BigCommerce’s mobile strategy.
- Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- As a lead level contributor, you will be responsible for the growth of and improvement to the design practice.
- Be the advocate and promote design thinking across functional teams.persuade functional teams to adopt new processes and standards.
- As part of the design leadership team you will solve business objectives, shape design culture and drive customer value.
- Drive ideation exercises with domains across the product organization,while facilitating the engagement of other designers.
- Incorporate user-based research methodologies throughout the design process to ensure our product meets market, user, and design quality-markers and achieves success metrics.
- Define appropriate use of patterns as well as when to evolve them or leave them behind entirely.
- Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport.
- A systems thinker. You understand how to define guidelines with both the structure and flexibility needed to make all functional areas of the product desirable and usable.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize the process.
- A leader. You're a charismatic person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience and what are ‘bells and whistles’.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about building strong relationships through candid conversation.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience delivering multi-locale/international product experiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of end-to-end design process from discovery to execution, information architecture, user experience, and interaction design.
- Demonstrated understanding of mobile experiences and user onboarding flows.
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering large-scale, integrated solutions for SaaS or complex enterprise applications.
- Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in analytical tools like FullStory or event tracking tools
- Advanced skills in design tools like Figma
- Proven experience in working in an Scrum or Agile framework.
- Have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level software.
Education Qualifications & Preferred Experiences:
- 7+ years experience designing product or software; ecommerce experience is ideal, but not required.
- Master degree or higher (in Computer Science, Design, Visual Communications, Human Computer Interaction design or similar, desirable).
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings