We're seeking a Product Designer to join us in delivering on our mission of building a simpler, more streamlined and customer-centric home buying and selling experience.
We give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their current one. Customers tell us about their home and financial situation, and then we provide them with funds to confidently secure their next home with a competitive all-cash offer. This saves them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they're going next, and makes the process of buying and selling a home as predictable and easy as it should be.
Homeward was started in 2018 by Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing agent teams in the U.S. We're passionate about our mission to recenter real estate transactions around the customer and make the entire experience more convenient and certain. We've attracted a strong early customer base in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia, and are recruiting a core team to help us deliver our unique solution, and continue evolving our business beyond this initial foothold offering.
Homeward is backed by LiveOak, the largest venture capital group in Texas, and raised $3.8 million in early 2019 from additional real estate tech founders and investors such as ApartmentList, OpCity, Opendoor, Yodle, and The Guild.
In this role, you will:
- Make a big impact on a small team building Homeward’s digital product experience
- Manage feature roll-outs end-to-end. Conduct research interviews and create wireframes and mockups for engineering then help test, release, and continually improve the final experience
- Support our emerging design system that includes fonts, colors, and components, to ensure a consistent user experience across our apps
- Collaborate daily with Product Managers and Engineers to translate user stories to compelling, pixel-perfect mockups
- Seek feedback and coordinated launch efforts with every segment of the organization from Operations to Customer Service to Finance
- Analyze what competitors are doing in the space to differentiate and distinguish our experience
What you'll bring:
- You have 3+ years product design experience, ideally in a high-performance startup or technology company.
- You apply analytic rigor to business problems combined with a deep empathy for users
- You’ve designed, launched and iterated on multiple responsive web apps and features, and have a portfolio to share with our team.
- Demonstrable mockup and prototype skills using industry standard tools such as Sketch, Invision, or an equivalent tool
- Experience conducting user interviews, user experience tests, and survey research
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- A strong outcomes focused mentality and drive
- Great organizational skill
- Enthusiasm about helping beyond the bounds of your day to day role
- A high degree of flexibility and coachability
- You’re able to ship quickly and adjust your process to fit the needs of an early stage startup. You create high-quality designs in short cycle times. You value shipping a good solution now over a great solution several weeks from now. At this stage of our company, we need to get our designs in front of customers so we can rapidly iterate on it.
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.
What we will offer you:
- A collaborative, efficient, and smart team to work with
- The opportunity to contribute to a high growth company focused on solving big consumer pain points while being mentored and coached by an experienced Product leader and broader executive team
- A beautiful workspace with the high quality tools you need to get the job done well
- A culture that prioritizes a calm, productive office environment, showing up for your teammates, and accountability
- Competitive salary & equity