Senior Actuarial Consultant - Model Team at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Senior Consultant, Actuarial Services – Model Team (MT) will have a lead role in actuarial model building and maintenance in support of Government Programs (Medicare and Medicaid) Lines of Business and Provider Risk support (GPPR).
- Primary support in the design, building and maintenance of a medical expense and trend analysis and forecasting model in collaboration with, and for use by, other GPPR teams
- Primary support in the design, building and maintenance of a Medicare Advantage Bid (BPT) Development model in collaboration with, and for use by, the Medicare Advantage Actuarial team
- Primary support in the design, building and maintenance of a Medicare Advantage pricing model in collaboration with, and for use by, the Medicare Advantage Actuarial team
- Manage and mentor Analysts to achieve work deliverables and ensure their development relative to team growth goals
- Provide support for other GPPR teams during their peak periods
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field is required
- Six (6) or more years of experience working as a health care actuary, with a minimum of 2 working with Medicare Advantage products is required
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries is preferred
- Understanding of healthcare claims data and model design and building
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Strong actuarial model building skills
- Proficiency with SQL, SAS, and other like software tools
- Strong knowledge of healthcare pricing and bid development for Medicare Advantage products
- Produce, understand, and interpret internal and external analyses and reports; provide effective technical and non-technical support to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Management and leadership skills
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.