Senior Product Designer, Design Systems - Healthline at Red Ventures
Healthline, the largest digital health property on the Web reaching over 250 million users worldwide each month, is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our growing, purpose-driven organization. In this role you’ll get the opportunity to work on digital product experiences that have real impact on people’s health and well-being. The right candidate has extensive experience with and enthusiasm for the product design process. They enjoy the challenge of working with cross-functional teams to create user-centric, innovative, and accessible digital product experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Using Figma, maintain and mature several existing design systems and component libraries, and help define new systems and libraries as the company grows, to ensure we are efficiently designing and building consistent experiences
- Find the balance between creating rules and breaking rules - establish governance, communication, and contribution processes that support designers and developers across teams using the systems so they understand it and are empowered to push it further
- Collaborate with designers, developers and product managers on structuring the systems, writing documentation, and advocating for the system
- Develop a process to collaborate on design solutions across several teams, identify patterns and overlapping initiatives, and reuse components
- Conduct audits of the design system and solve for inconsistencies, UX issues, accessibility issues and usability of the design system
- Help set the bar for UI perfection and consistency
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process and how your solution aligns with both business / customer goals
- Mentor more junior designers and share your insights and experience in critique sessions
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of design experience working on consumer-facing products or equivalent, both web and native apps
- 3+ years experience working on complex design systems that provide value to the company, for multiple brands and/or platforms for consumer-facing products
- Must be an expert in Figma (including libraries and auto-layout)
- An excellent portfolio of work demonstrating a well-developed design sense across a range of design challenges and user experiences, and including work defining and evolving design system(s)
- Ability to independently define and drive design system initiatives across teams
- Expert knowledge of UX/UI best practices for web and app, including accessibility
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams on design systems
- Experience writing documentation (style guides and usage guidelines)
- Experience collaborating, iterating, and testing within a team environment - local and remote
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]