Senior Product Designer, Growth at Atlassian
If you live and breathe user experience, love solving problems and flourish with variety, Atlassian has an extraordinary opportunity for you. For this US based role, we're specifically seeking a Senior Product Designer to join Atlassian's Product Growth team. This teams mission is in the seams, how we connect the value of Atlassian products, and enable how users collaborate with each other.
Within Product Integrations, we are looking for an experienced Product Designer who can help customers manage their workflows off-Atlassian, and from where they naturally do their work (in 3rd party applications such as Slack and Microsoft Teams). This team's mission and purpose is to understand where we can provide customers with value, increase utility, and superpower their work, leveraging the suite of Atlassian products.
In this role you'll:
- Work closely with product managers, engineering and other stakeholders to define product strategy and champion the user experience in our products.
- Research, create, and then improve end-to-end journeys for how customers use 3rd party applications as part of their workflows.
- Define experience solutions for customers using Slack and MSTeams alongside Atlassian products.
- Share work and collaborate openly with other designers in Team Expansion, Product Growth and the rest of Atlassian broadly.
- Be a strong storyteller. You'll also need strong facilitation and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes.
- Facilitate workshops with engineers and product managers to establish project scope and potential solutions to the identified problems in the most effective way.
- Help your team plan and conduct exploratory user research and effective usability tests.
- Influence and shape how we we go about our work, ship product and drive the product roadmap.
To be successful, we expect you to:
- Have 5+ years of hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer. Even better: you've got experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications.
- Have a track record of delivering outcomes as a hands on Product designer. Examples of planning, and then driving product direction autonomously are critical.
- Be capable with research. While we don't expect you to be a researcher, a solid understanding of the techniques required to develop customer empathy, and validate concepts are an important part of the role.
- Demonstrate experience in service design principles, such as customer journey mapping.
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners including senior leadership.
- Collaborate effectively with other functions, including engineering and product.
- Be a self-starter with an eye for detail and the ability to get to the root of the problem with a laser focus on the customer.
- Hands on experience of synthesising Qual and Quant insights.
- Demonstrate an understanding of framing problems and be able to talk to the frameworks you use to support this.
- Importantly, you have strong executional skills too, and are adept in modern tools such as Figma, Mural, Invision, Zeplin, Adobe CC, & Keynote.
- You have a growth mindset. Our team moves fast!
It would be beneficial if you:
- Have experience with SaaS, or complex enterprise applications.
- Gained experience working on products in an experimental environment (eCommerce, Retail or Travel is a big plus).
- Have first-hand experience in a Growth team or metric driven organisation.
- Can demonstrate how you lead & inspire others. You have experience and can show examples of when you gained buy-in from cross functional peers, stakeholders and executives across a business to influence a result.
- Can demonstrate experience of driving experience metrics such as CSAT or NPS.
- Have experience of working with Content Strategy.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .