Senior UI Designer at Bright Health
- Collaborate with a team of designers in creating visions, forging concepts, and crafting the journey that will take our experiences to the next level.
- Builds consumer facing, acquisition focused digital properties.
- Work on multiple designs/projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the overall experience.
- Create journey maps to show and tell the steps required to complete simple or complex tasks.
- Define information architecture, hierarchy, and workflow expressed as diagrams and screen schematics.
- Leverages visual, interactive and content design to build compelling user experiences.
- Extensive experience with responsive design and mobile User Interface Design.
- Respect standards but constantly push where new ideas will improve the design, taking care to back your ideas up with qualitative testing and production metrics.
- Digital Brand Development - Create look and feel of the interface through color, typeface, illustration, photography, and layout.
- Work with the Marketing, Digital Property and Engineering leadership to ensure timely delivery and alignment with product strategy.
- Generate design specifications for fonts, color, and layout and deliver graphical assets required to build interfaces across multiple digital platforms.
- Collaborate with designers across the Bright Health product portfolio to ensure consistent and cohesive design delivery
- Acts as a mentor to other designers across Bright Health.
- Implement the mechanical aspects of a conceptual design for development, testing, and deployment.
- Comes with an empathy driven approach to design.
- Self-starter with an autonomous mindset. Can work well individually or collaboratively.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Five (5)+ years’ experience as a UX/Product designer
- Excel at web user experience design, both website and web apps for mobile, tablet and desktop experiences
- Considered an expert in responsive, mobile first design
- Experience utilizing and growing design systems through product design
- Experience with interactive UX Prototyping
- Accessible design expertise
- Front-end coding capabilities
- Mobile native app experience
- User research experience
- Working knowledge of material design, reactstrap/Bootstrap design principles
- Super collaborator, with experience working in fast-paced environments
- Proven process of using data to inform your designs and design decisions
- Ability to define a project path forward, manage trade-offs, and effectively gather feedback
- Familiarity with psychology design principles and/or behavioral design