Acrisure Technology Group (ATG) is a fast paced, AI-driven team building innovative software to disrupt the $6T+ insurance industry. Our mission is to help the world share its risk more intelligently to power a more vibrant economy. To do this, we are transforming insurance distribution and underwriting into a science.
At the core of our operating model is our technology: we’re building the premier AI Factory in the world for risk and applying it at the center of Acrisure, a privately held company recognized as one of the world's top 10 insurance brokerages and the fastest growing insurance brokerage globally. By using the latest technology and advances in AI to push the boundaries of understanding risk, we are systematically converting data into predictions, insights, and choices, and we believe we can remove the constraints associated with scale, scope, and learning that have existed in the insurance industry for centuries.
We are a small team of extremely high caliber engineers with a diverse background across industries and technologies. Our engineers have worked at large companies like Google and Amazon, high frequency trading companies like TwoSigma and Jump Trading, and a variety of smaller startups, including successful startup founders.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will work with teams across Acrisure Technology to create superb experiences for customers across our web and mobile products. On our team you will design products that are simple, intuitive, accessible, and quite simply, magical! You will collaborate with a world-class team of engineers, researchers, product managers and agency partners throughout the design process. You will deepen customer understanding through user research, customer interviews, crafting personas, user journey maps, service blueprints, user flows, wireframes, user interface mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. You will anticipate what our customers need and you think strategically and ask the big questions that lead to broader opportunities.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your user research artifacts, visual design skills, design process, UX flows and interaction patterns, in addition to a resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
What you will do:
- Lead the end-to-end UX design process, translating insights from user research into new features to sketching and communicating these features with design artifacts.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, AI experts, researchers, and domain experts to deliver superior customer experiences.
- Conduct research using a wide range of research methods - remote and in person, unmoderated research, surveys, diary studies and ethnography
- Take research insights and translate them into low (wireframes) to high fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Craft a pixel perfect component library and design system from scratch
- Demonstrate exceptional design thinking and produce designs that illustrate optimal user experiences
- Deliver inspirational, action orientated and professional standard user research
- Identify new trends and opportunities which the business should act upon to deliver delightful and inspiring experiences
- Measure the effectiveness of features and content and drive continuous improvement
- 5+ years in UX design for customer-facing digital products or in a SaaS business
- Passionate about the product and about transforming UX in the insurance industry
- Strong ability to generate and communicate compelling and actionable insights that fuel product strategy, both verbally and visually
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end to end customer journeys, UX and UI designs
- Outstanding interpersonal, visual, and oral communication skills. Able to deliver complex content and concepts in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner to multiple audiences and to collaborate with insurance executives as well as a highly technical team
- Comfort with running qualitative research studies yourself, from end to end to deeply understand user behavior, interactions, and influencers
- Experience in survey design
- You are self-directed and excited to build something from scratch in a fast-paced, experimentation-driven environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and successfully juggle multiple, varying assignments from conception to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in a variety of design and research tools such as Figma, Miro, DoveTail and Airtable.
- Experience building and maintaining a design library & component system
- Ability to quickly turn around wireframes and mockups and other communication artifacts in an agile, iterative startup environment
- BS in a design field, HCI, or equivalent work experience
- Preferred candidate lives / works in Grand Rapids, Michigan OR Austin, Texas (some remote candidates will be considered)
Specializations that will make an impact:
- Experience in product branding, crafting style-guides, and other graphic design activities
- Advanced experience of a broad range of qualitative user research methods, at all stages of a product life cycle. Especially if you are comfortable with quantitative methodologies and innovation research techniques.
- Advanced experience in using a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques, as well as client feedback, to understand and optimize the client experience
- Advanced research experience in grounded and deductive research approaches.
About Acrisure & Acrisure Technology Group
At Acrisure, we are the fastest-growing insurance broker in history and top-10 largest, having grown from $50 million to approximately $2 billion in revenue in a few short years. Acrisure is built on a global network of insurance agencies - united by our shared passion for limitless growth.
Acrisure Technology Group (ATG) is partnering with Acrisure's global network of entrepreneurial Agency Partners to remove traditional limits to scale, scope, and learning by adopting an AI-enabled operating model. Together, we will make Acrisure the most tech-enabled broker in the world, transform the industry, and make a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.