Senior UX Designer at WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
We are seeking a Senior UX Designer, with UI expertise, to join the Product Development Team! Do you have hands-on experience in taking a design from initial discovery research, through ideation and testing, to final hi-fi design polish and GA? You will have the autonomy and support to design and redesign the application which our customers rely on every day to manage their products and services here at WP Engine.
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for understanding our customer's mindset and workflows to design effortless experiences. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of user research, interaction design, and visual design experience, with a commitment to make a vision a reality.What's cool about this job.
In this role, you will help define new and exciting ways to delight our customers through our customer-facing dashboard. You will work to design effortless experiences that accelerate our customers' job-to-be-done (JTBD), and provide tremendous customer value. You will partner with a dedicated engineering team and product manager, to drive continuous advancements and improvements.The day to day.
- Obsess over creating highly intuitive and effortless user experiences
- Plan and implement new designs which delight our customers
- Transform our existing designs patterns to meet customer's JTBD
- Create prototypes and test for intuitivity and value
- Deliver a range of artifacts from sketches to hi-fi designs to communicate your ideas at all stages of the design process
- Interview our users and internal stakeholders to understand customer's business goals and objectives
- Build solutions that reduce workload for our Customer Experience (CX) organization, while enabling customers with valuable self-service capabilities.
- Define and implement re-usable design patterns, which can be leveraged by other designers and teams
- Mentor other designers on the team, guiding them to focus on customer value through design
- BA/BS degree in Design or related (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience as a UX Designer designing large-scale web applications
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience creating user experiences within an Agile and Scrum environment
- Require minimal direction, operating autonomously yet partnering closely with Product & Engineering
- Demonstrated experience creating wireframes and interactive prototypes for web and mobile interfaces utilizing established style guides and content models.
- Expertise with design tools such as InVision, Figma, Sketch, Adobe suite, or similar
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to communicate design principles & strategy effectively to both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience taking a leading role in building effortless user experiences
- High attention to detail and experience leading multiple, contending priorities simultaneously
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to push things over the finish line!
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD, and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Tuesday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.