Sr. Web Designer at WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world's leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We're proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you're made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.Sell Statement:
Join our Digital Experience Team of designers and developers, which functions as an internal agency within our Marketing department, and help us innovate across 5 distinct brands. Your work will enable other marketers to build and manage their own web campaigns. You will also directly impact purchase flows and brand awareness across the 14 websites that we maintain, including wpengine.com!What's cool about this job.
We are Customer Inspired at WP Engine, trying to reduce friction and simplify the buyer journey on our websites across all screen sizes. As a web designer, you will help drive creative solutions to these complex challenges while fostering the WP Engine brand.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with developers in a fast-moving, dynamic environment, balancing user experience with complexity and timeline.The day to day.
- Work with other teams to scope projects around their business objectives.
- Create digital designs and prototypes from initial concepts and wireframes to final web-ready assets to support the developers.
- Champion consumer-centered design thinking, and assist other marketers with your UX and page building expertise to support campaigns and product launches.
- Own and improve our design systems for the 5 unique brands we maintain.
- Work closely with developers to ensure the feasibility of your visual concepts and the fidelity of the final output.
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking to ensure your design work exceeds expectations.
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing (in-house or external).
- Strong digital portfolio showcasing UX strategy and conversion-centered design.
- Ability to write and edit HTML and CSS.
- Familiar with WordPress' admin interface and editing abilities.
- Proven abilities to lead web design projects and present your solutions.
- A keen understanding of user behavior as it relates to design and the user's expectations.
- Understanding of web architecture and responsive layouts.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience documenting and improving a design system and web style guide.
- Passion for web accessibility standards, ensuring people of all abilities can access our content.
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.