Your challenge, should you choose to accept:
Adia is seeking a UI/UX designer with a strong portfolio to lead the user-centered design process on Adia’s Product team. You will be responsible for understanding our clients’ business requirements, conceiving and conducting user research for clients and workers, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. You'll work closely with your team members and our near shore development team to research, design, and test new features for the platforms, ensuring a positive user experience.
Our ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced, Agile environment. You're eager to use your experience with both native mobile and mobile-responsive apps to enhance Adia’s products and create a seamless user experience for our clients and workers alike.
- Collaborate closely with the in-house Product team and near shore development team when brainstorming and designing new features
- Work with our Data Scientist to analyze client and worker data to improve the platforms
- Document user personas, pain points, and requirements
- Translate requirements and concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Develop wireframes, user flows, and mockups optimized for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Make design and UI/UX decisions related to existing, and new, features and functionality
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly iterate on your designs
- Clearly and effectively advocate for users and communicate design ideas and solutions to cross-functional teams and customers
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of proven experience in UI/UX design or similar role, ideally in a SaaS startup or similarly fast-paced environment
- Proven experience with UX design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, and UserTesting
- Familiarity with creating basic animations
- Comfort and experience designing mobile-responsive design (progressive web apps), mobile applications, and web applications
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, which includes planning and conducting user research activities, ideation and prototyping, designing, and testing in an iterative, agile process
- Strong communication and advocacy skills – you have the ability to give and receive feedback in order to make intelligent product decisions
- Supreme attention to detail — you’re always ten steps ahead
- A sense of curiosity, a willingness to constantly confront unknowns and acknowledge when you don’t know or aren’t sure
- You are a problem-solver by nature and passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- You have a desire to do impactful work every day to connect flexible jobseekers with hourly positions through a seamless app experience
Adia is the on-demand staffing platform for hospitality. We give hotels, event managers, and food service businesses a better way to find the people they need. Unlike other gig platforms, we hire our workers to Adia as W-2. That means they get to keep their flexible schedule, and still get taxes withheld, benefits, and weekly pay. Launched in Switzerland back in October 2016, Adia opened an office in Austin in early 2018. Today workers on our platform are located in Austin, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, and New Orleans.
Adia is a fast-growing, hardworking, curious (like, Alice in Wonderland curious) organization that strives for improvement every day. We are open, honest, and motivated, using our big brains to build a great product and not overgrown egos. We’re an early player in the HR tech space, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you’re looking for a place that will help you uncover your best working self and give you hands-on experience in way more than your job title alludes to, we may be the right team for you.
We have an incredible future ahead of us, and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey toward it.
Still here? Apply now.
[Note: Offers and start dates may be dependent upon the evolution of COVID-19.]
Adia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.