User Researcher at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a User Researcher that will be responsible for conducting research activities across several teams. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who can take on projects with varying complexity, think critically about their research approach, and influence the team’s research strategy.
Why join us? Our User Research team at Workrise builds empathy for users, informs product direction and business strategies, and improves product usability. Our researchers understand constraints and creatively work with a variety of different teams and departments to educate and integrate user research insights into day-to-day operations.What you’ll be doing:
- Design and conduct research activities, identify best method/mixed method approach and execute with rigor and quality
- Partner with other researchers to develop impactful insights and deliverables that can be leveraged by cross-functional teams
- Partner with product teams and cross-functional business partners to see products through production and track and report UX metrics
- Work through the end-to-end research lifecycle, using mixed-methods for formative and summative research projects (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating)
- Contribute to workshops and training sessions with cross-functional stakeholders
- Contribute to and co-manage research repository
- Proven ability to conduct impactful research (3+ years)
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of the research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis and synthesis, reportng, and communicating)
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- A pragmatic approach to the application of research
- Experience conducting discovery research and testing features with English and Spanish speaking participants is a plus
- Quantitative skills are a plus
- Startup experience is a plus
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.