Your challenge, should you choose to accept:
Adia is seeking a user-experience (UX) designer with a strong portfolio to lead the user-centered design process for Adia’s product. You will be responsible for understanding our clients’ business requirements, conceiving and conducting user research for clients and workers, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
Ultimately, your objective is to create mobile-friendly, cross-platform, multi-resolution UX design that will enhance Adia’s product and create a seamless user experience for our clients and workers alike.
- Conduct user research in the Adia client and worker base
- Document user personas, pain points, and requirements
- Translate requirements and concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Develop wireframes, user flows, and mockups optimized for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Make design and UX decisions related to existing, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with the in-house Product team and near-shore development team
- Clearly and effectively advocate for users and communicate design ideas and solutions to cross-functional teams and customers
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of proven experience in UX design or similar role, ideally in a SaaS startup or similarly fast-paced environment
- Proven experience with UX design tools such as Sketch, Adobe, UserTesting, or PhotoLine and familiarity creating animations
- Comfort and experience designing mobile-responsive design (progressive web apps), mobile applications, and web applications
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, which includes planning and conducting user research activities, ideation and prototyping, designing, and testing in an iterative, agile process
- Strong communication and advocacy skills – you have the ability to give and receive feedback in order to make intelligent product decisions
- Supreme attention to detail — you’re always ten steps ahead
- A sense of curiosity, a willingness to constantly confront unknowns and acknowledge when you don’t know or aren’t sure
- You are a problem-solver by nature and passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- You have a desire to do impactful work every day to connect flexible jobseekers with hourly positions through a seamless app experience
Adia is a gig economy marketplace for businesses and flexible workers in the hospitality, events, warehousing, and retail sectors. Leveraging technology, Adia makes it easier for businesses to find vetted hourly workers on demand, and gives workers a way to book unlimited jobs in one tap. Unlike other gig platforms, we hire our workers to Adia as W-2. That means they get to keep their flexible schedule, and still get taxes withheld, benefits, and weekly pay. Founded in 2016, we have a short company history but one that spreads across Switzerland, UK, Germany, and now the US.
Adia is a fast-growing, hardworking, curious (like, Alice in Wonderland curious) organization that strives for improvement every day. We are open, honest, and motivated, using our big brains to build a great product and not overgrown egos. We’re an early player in the HR tech space, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you’re looking for a place that will help you uncover your best working self and give you hands-on experience in way more than your job title alludes to, we may be the right team for you. We push ourselves and pull each other to be better than we were yesterday.
We have an incredible future ahead of us, and we’d love for you to be a part of our journey toward it.
Still here? Apply now.