About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Note: This position is located in Austin, TX
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B Digital is looking for new Partners! We are reinventing how customers interact with the legendary Texas brand. We plan on investing heavily in our customers’ digital experience, reinventing how they make food and wellness decisions, and how they ultimately get food and other products into their homes.
H-E-B Digital is co-located in San Antonio and Austin, which will share space with Favor, recently acquired by H-E-B, and now ranked no. 138 on the Inc. 5000 list (in addition, ranked 5th in Texas and 1st in Austin!). Our top leaders have deep consumer tech experience; Jag Bath (CEO and President of Favor) leads H-E-B Digital, and Mike Georgoff (recent Chief Product Officer at Main Street Hub), leads digital product strategy and development. We're hiring for every other role on this new team: product management, product marketing, product & experience design, design research, design technologists, and engineering.
The Product & Design Team is on a mission to design and build the absolute best software and experience in the food / retail space while driving exceptional business results. We mix user-centered design with business savvy, focusing on two key user segments:
- Consumers: a compelling digital experience that captures everything inspiring about food, while delivering incredible convenience and simplifying the grocery experience to be nothing short of delightful.
- H-E-B Partners: we arm H-E-B partners across the company with world class business applications and tools to thrive in their jobs so together we can ensure that the customer experience is top notch online, in-store, or anywhere else.
What is the opportunity?
Design research is a critical aspect of designing and building great experiences. As a Research Operations Coordinator, you will collaborate with design researchers, designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to support their discovery goals through the planning and execution of remote and in-person research studies. You will help to enable a great experience for participants through organized project management, thoughtful communication, and hospitality.
- Manage, source, screen, and schedule participants in Texas or work with recruiting vendors to ensure participant and sample quality
- Collaborate and advise researchers on the effectiveness of screeners and recruiting criteria, understanding constraints in order to find quality research participants to meet squad research goals.
- Coordinate field logistics for on-site and remote research studies including scheduling sessions, facility coordination, distribution of incentives, and facilitation and collection of participant consent.
- Provide on-site research support — greeting and fielding participants, ensuring participants feel welcome and comfortable.
- Create effective, hospitable written communications as part of recruiting efforts, coordinating with appropriate stakeholders
- Manage multiple, concurrent inbound research requests from different squads, while ensuring prioritization of key initiatives
- Helping to develop efficient and effective research logistical and communication processes and practices
- Help to manage the utilization of A/V and testing equipment
Why is it awesome? You will…
- Help to build and apply design and research standards/processes across the Product & Design growing research program
- Be part of a small, lean team (to start), which translates to you having a big personal impact
- Have huge opportunity for growth. H-E-B Digital is on the way up, creating exceptional career paths for exceptional product & design talent
- Be surrounded by top talent; we constantly raise the bar, and all get better along the way
What is your background?
- Proven track record (1–3 years’ experience) in supporting user research projects or other project management opportunities
- Experience with project and calendar management tools (JIRA, Asana, Basecamp, etc.)
- Experience in user research settings, working with researchers or designers and a variety of research methods needed throughout the design and development process (e.g. ethnography, surveys design, concept testing, RITE testing, usability testing) is a plus
- Experience with survey tools (Survey Gizmo, Qualtrics, etc.) also a plus.
Do you have what it takes to succeed?
- Enthusiasm for H-E-B values and the H-E-B Digital mission
- Ability to collaborate with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers
- Familiarity with product design and development process and UX/design research methods
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and great attention to detail, able to coordinate multiple research projects while balancing prioritization
- Great communication skills, speaking and writing. Understands the right cadence and timing.
- Demonstrates hospitality, can build rapport with a diverse group of people
- Curious and quick to dive in to learn new skills
- Embraces and thrives in a high-paced, changing, lean startup culture
What are the perks?
- A robust Benefits plan with coverage starting Day One
- An 80/20 PPO medical plan with a $30 copay for in-network primary care
- Dental plans, Vision plan, voluntary insurance plans, and flexible spending accounts (FSA) available
- The Partner Care Team, for any time you have healthcare or coverage questions
- Partner Guidance allows free counselor visits, up to 5 times per year for each issue
- Telehealth offers 24/7 access to board-certified doctors over the phone
- Funeral leave, Jury Duty, and Military pay (subject to applicable law)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage after 90 days
- Maternal / Paternal Leave for new parents, adoptions included
- Eligibility for 401(k) participation after 6 months
- Eligibility for quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 10% off H-E-B brand products in-store and online after 90 days
- Access to other savings (gyms, phone, hotels, and more) through online discount program after 90 days
- Opportunity to become a “Partner-Owner” after 12 months of employmee