UX Service Designer at GoDaddy
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Austin, TX, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in the US.
What you'll get to do...
Do you obsess over the details of great customer experiences? Do you believe that they are the difference between winning and losing? Iconic and forgettable? Do you love the feeling when an experience just works for you?
Are you part scientist, part artist? Are you an excellent writer and storyteller? Are you energized by talking to customers and understanding what makes them tick? Do you love getting to the core of a complex problem — and then solving it?
We’re looking for a hardworking, empathetic person to join our small team of UX Service Designers. We design do-it-for-you experiences for all the small businesses and entrepreneurs out there trying to succeed in today’s market — they don’t always have the know-how, the time, or the desire to get themselves online to get new customers, but we do. We build products and services designed specifically for their success, all the way from making them a website and improving their SEO to helping them sell more with social media advertising and lifecycle email campaigns.
We connect the dots and make it seamless for our customers to get the job done. We bring an end-to-end journey point of view to the design and development of new features and experiences. We influence decisions on product and service offerings that improve usability and customer success. We focus on the work that’s needed now, but we always have an eye on what it could be. Come join us.
- Customer Journey Design: Design and implement delightful experiences—marrying technology and human touchpoints—that exceed our customers’ expectations. You’ll design customer journeys that weave together communication channels to best fit our customers’ needs and also work for our internal teams.
- Customer Experience Research and Analysis: Apply quantitative and qualitative research techniques to identify and prioritize opportunities to keep our customer experiences world-class.
- Customer Communications: Design cohesive communication that builds value and creates clarity for our customers across channels, including product copy, email copy, call guides, SMS copy, and more. You’ll also weigh in on marketing messaging, training messaging, and partner with our UX Content Strategist to ensure we’re following (and iterating upon) our voice & tone style guide.
- Cross-team Collaboration and Influence: Work as part of a broader team of cross-functional leaders—from product, engineering, design, operations, customer care, product marketing, and sales—to design, deliver and maintain excellent customer experiences while evangelizing customer-centricity, design thinking, and lean UX approaches to solving customer problems.
Your experience should include...
- 3+ years of experience working in the following areas: UX Design, Customer Experience Design / Service Delivery Design, UX Research, Customer Experience Strategy, Customer Care, Product Marketing
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for solving problems in ways that improve our customers’ experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; some experience creating marketing communications, email and/or product copy, call guides and scripts, training materials and sales/marketing collateral
- Experience with Design Thinking and Lean UX principles and/or agile methodologies
- Experience solving complex problems that drive better business results, which could manifest in techniques such as tracking customer journeys, customer sentiment analysis, UX design improvements, etc.
- Ability to advocate for the best customer experience amidst competing product and operational priorities; comfort in communicating priorities in a group setting and to leadership
You might also have...
- You’ve mapped and/or designed customer journeys before
- You’ve successfully engaged in healthy debates about how to solve problems, built consensus among a diverse group, and/or have successfully evangelised a product
- You’ve got experience with common customer research techniques, like surveys, focus groups or customer interviews, and you’ve derived insights from qualitative sources
- You’ve worked with product management, engineering and design teams before
- You’ve worked with operations and you’ve got a strong understanding of operational mechanics
- You’re an excellent presenter, case maker and storyteller
- You have project management skills, and you’re capable of leading a cross-functional team to deadline and delivery
- You have a strong knowledge of digital marketing, websites, and branding (social, email, web, etc)
- You’re passionate about the needs of small businesses and entrepreneurs
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.