Visual Designer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 Best Place to Work in Austin, is looking for a hardworking Visual Designer to join our team! Designers at BigCommerce are responsible for the creation and maintenance of high-quality, publication ready content in support of our merchant and partner engagement goals. While Designers collaborate with all teams at BigCommerce, the relationship between Marketing and Design will be critical for the success of this role. You will be trusted to deliver content that aligns to our creative vision and guidelines while still meeting conversion and optimization best-practices.
You feel passionately that Design is a craft and a critical part of the overall marketing strategy. You have a passion for visual design, and can produce focused on-brand work in a timely fashion.What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the design team on conceptual ideas in brainstorming sessions and taking leads on various design initiatives.
- Will work with collaborators across multiple new regions to build marketing assets in various languages.
- Partner directly with various collaborators to deliver on-brand, high-quality content and assets.
- Partner with Digital Marketing team members to build and evolve paid digital ads across various mediums, channels, & social platforms.
- Help push the overall bar for design while contributing to the growing BC Design Culture.
- Determine appropriate use of patterns and guidelines for various content needs.
- Take full ownership of your work, including balancing multiple priorities and creating awareness of the production pipeline.
- Advocate for and help nurture impactful content guidelines.
- Ensure content is optimized and organized for requester needs.
- 3+ years of design experience working with a marketing team. Preferably with a product or software company. Some agency experience is a plus.
- A portfolio that displays the ability to produce outstanding content concepts and stellar digital advertising.
- Be able to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Experience delivering assets and content for large-scale digital properties, including: responsive websites, social channels, advertising platforms, and email. Experience in print publication is a nice to have. Specific experience required will vary depending on level.
- Expertise in image optimizing, retouching, manipulation, color correction.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, PowerPoint, Keynote, and JIRA. Experience with Craft, Marketo, and other online publication tools is appealing.
- Delivery experience working in cross-disciplinary teams.
- A systems thinker. You quickly adopt and align to guidelines, understanding their application across channels for the entire customer lifecycle.
- Hard-working. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, very creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people-person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and excited to help build something incredible.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to the task at hand.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.