Director, Legal Operations
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. accredited institution; Juris Doctor preferred.
- You have 5+ years of operational experience, including systems development, integration, and management, preferably in a legal setting.
- You preferably have 5+ years of contract negotiation, contract management, corporate governance, and/or compliance experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience scaling programs or initiatives.
- You have strong project management experience.
- You have a proven ability to influence key partners and drive business objectives across a highly matrixed organization.
- You regularly and appropriately handle confidential and sensitive data and information; you have executive diplomacy skills.
- You bring strong organizational skills with a confirmed ability to effectively handle a high-volume workload, complex priorities, and deliver measurable results in an accelerated timeframe.
- You have led and developed teams.
- You can travel to domestic and foreign locations for short periods, as needed.
What You'll Do
- Contract Management System (CMS) – Manage our CMS (Conga Novatus) that integrates with DocuSign and Salesforce. Own the workflows in, audits of, and reports from that system. Work cross-functionally with key business teams to ensure effective and efficient use of CMS and oversee the completion of the CMS roll-out in our UK and French offices.
- Contract Work – Draft, review, and negotiate contracts and other documents with third parties that require minimal supervision by our Legal team lawyers such as small vendor agreements, sponsorship agreements, amendments, schedules, termination letters, nondisclosure agreements, and independent contractor agreements. Facilitate the training of the Senior Paralegals to support this effort.
- Knowledge & Document Management and Operational Efficiencies – Manage and improve the infrastructure in place to provide team members with enterprise access to institutional knowledge, including policies, processes, documents, and other key information. Lead ongoing efforts to identify and implement technology solutions that improve these efforts and efforts to increase Legal team efficiency (e.g., a ticketing system).
- Corporate Compliance & Policies – Manage the global anti-corruption program, support the document retention program, and lead the annual certification of the Corporate Code of Conduct. Partner with departments to support other compliance initiatives, e.g., the Workplace Harassment Policy.
- Data Analytics – Manage data analysis and present it in an easily digestible manner to facilitate efficiencies and optimize spend.
- Vendor Management – Manage the two CMS vendors, Conga Novatus and DocuSign, and the translation vendor, TransPerfect, and their respective contracts.
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Provide back office support for mergers, acquisitions, and other major corporate events. Review acquired contracts and identify redundancies. Support the integration of acquired assets.
- Legal Operations Champion – Champion the operations role, which is integral in modern, in-house legal environments. Stay apprised of trends, attend conferences, and identify and facilitate operational efficiencies at scale.
- Talent Development – Facilitate team member engagement, leadership, and innovation. Cultivate opportunities for team members to develop and add to their skill sets.
- Group Synergies – Where appropriate, scale Legal Operations activities and assimilate Legal's (including Legal Operations') activities with affiliated companies.
Who We Are
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
RewardsWe offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following: - Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable- Long Term Incentive Plan- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave- Open & flexible PTO- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week About UsRetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out. U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.