Android Mobile Engineer
Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong and we believe there is a better way. We can build the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi trillion dollar opportunity. Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chain by combining digitized freight, real-time tracking, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform. We are working with the top companies in the supply chain to connect with our RestfulAPIs. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 100 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
The Mobile Engineer role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth, third-party logistics company as they pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. We are looking for a strong individual contributor with a history of delivering high-quality and intuitive enterprise mobile applications. We’re laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we’re looking for individuals who want to part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Build best-in-class mobile applications
- Ensure quality throughout the mobile product and drive for perfection
- Own the entire development lifecycle, including development methodologies, thorough tracking, and quality of the final delivery (including production)
- Work with product, design, and go-to-market teams to deployment and development timelines
- Promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and customer-facing experimentation
- Own features from the design phase all the way to pushing the application to the app store
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- BS/MS/ Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience with Android, iOS experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of Android Studio, Gradle, and Play Services
- Familiarity with push notifications, location services, and mapping
- Understanding of OOP, concurrency, and UI driven design principles
- Familiarity with mobile principles of good UX, UI, and design-centric thinking including Material Design
- Expert in leveraging REST-based APIs
- Consistent record of building high-quality software and delivering amazing applications
- Proficient in Java and Kotlin
- Experience with Architecture Components, Navigation, Coroutines, Retrofit
- Familiarity with MVVM and other patterns like MVC/MVP/etc
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly and inclusive company culture
- Team building events and office celebrations
- Competitive compensation with company stock options
- Company sponsored healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- An open work environment where everyone has a voice
- Subsidized gym, cell phone, learning and commuter reimbursements. Oh yeah, and entertainment reimbursement, we’ve got you covered!
- An exceptional team of passionate, bright, and inspirational coworkers
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.