Architect - Data Governance Platforms
What You Will Do
The Architect will own the end-to-end system architecture design for the following Data Governance Platforms: Clinical Architecture Symedical Reference Data Management, Collibra, and Informatica Data Quality. This person will collaborate with the rest of the Data Delivery & Governance teams to integrate these platforms with upstream and downstream systems. This individual will work as part of a matrixed Architecture team.
- Designs, develops and oversees architectures, including complex systems and systems design activities.
- Analyzes technical needs, requirements, and state of infrastructure design -- including business continuity (disaster recovery (DR) and high availability (HA) strategies), systems & data integration, and operations with the architecture team.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the enterprise and serves as the data, governance and process architecture authority for these Data Governance Platforms.
- Defines highly complex technology-based business solutions. Provides thought leadership regarding system design, architecture, and integration. Mentors and leads project teams in the appropriate use of technology.
- Oversees all applicable information technology architecture principles, standards and guidelines in the data, integration, application, infrastructure, solutions, security and technology domains. Reviews and approves high risk design decisions prior to implementation.
- Leads design activities or reviews system designs to ensure that applications solutions will exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate re-usability and reliability upon deployment.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to optimize solution design and integration patterns
- Participates as an active member of one or more scrum teams.
- Collaborates with vendor on Technical Roadmap and Platform Strategy
- Works with Data Architects to design integration patterns with Data Management platforms.
- Ability to analyze and define complex processes and sub-processes
- Ability to study data sources and data models to effectively develop solutions
- Preferred technical experience in an Architecture capacity
- Clinical Architecture Symedical Reference Data Management or similar
- Collibra or similar
- Informatica Data Quality or similar
- Experience with consuming SOAP and REST web API services
- Experience with SQL database queries and views
- Experience integrating data governance tools into a Data Warehouse/Big Data/cloud environment preferred
- Communicate effectively with diverse people at various organization levels with right level of detail and cultural sensitivity
Flexible and open to new ideas with the ability to understand things from corporate, regional and
local perspective while maintaining customer focus. Proven ability to work in an ambiguous
environment; self-motivated to work in an independent and collaborative mode. Ability to build
strong relationships with peers and leaders by building trust and credibility; strong collaboration
skills. Active listening skills to understand business needs and steer business team to take
decisions that have enterprise-wide impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or other related major is preferred
- Experience working clinical and administrative systems in a healthcare environment is preferred
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.