Associate Author - Software Development at A Cloud Guru, A Pluralsight Company
Remote - USA
At Pluralsight, we are crafting next generation Hands-on Code Labs and Projects content. Are you a flexible, full-stack developer who enjoys diving into new challenges every day? We are looking for an outstanding Associate Author - Software Development who works well on a team and has excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
The Associate Author - Software Development role will be primarily responsible for designing and developing Code Labs validation and as needed creating content for Pluralsight in the Software Developer Content Domain.
Who you're committed to being:
- A builder with a curious mind and exceptional attention to detail, who loves crafting outstanding software.
- A problem solver who cares about the customer/learner and always finds a way around obstacles.
- A life-long learner who views every experience as an opportunity to grow and improve.
- A teammate who values psychological safety, welfare, and the success of your team and the entire organization.
- Self-started with great communication skills.
- Able to create with possibility and challenge the status quo.
- Love working across multiple technologies, learning new languages, and tools.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop validation (unit tests) for Hands-on Code Labs and Projects.
- Help support Hands-on content releases through beta testing, test reviews and launch, ensuring releases are error-free, and fixing bugs when needed.
- Participate in the creation of Hands-on Code Labs and Projects.
- Document workflows and processes for External Authors.
- Continue to learn new technologies and grow to meet the needs of evolving projects.
Your work experience:
- You have been building and deploying web applications from start to finish, as well as APIs for internal and external consumption.
- You have a solid understanding of test automation and unit testing practices in several languages.
Your technology experience:
- You have used common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- You care about code quality and have experience developing unit tests using standard automation frameworks, including mocha or pytest. You should also have experience using mock objects.
- You have experience with Linux systems and tools, bash, and automation.
- You have good knowledge of Relational Databases.
- You have some experience with Docker and concepts related to containerization.
Bonus points for experience with or an eagerness to learn:
- Experience with any of these languages: C#, Elixir, Go, Java.
- Experience working on a distributed team.
- Open-source software contribution history.
- Ability to prototype designs in working code.
- Background in instructional design or technical writing.