Back End Engineer at Bestow
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:15 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
As a Back End Engineer you will lead development on new features and technical improvements for our products. You will work with a team of front end and back end engineers. You will be break down stories in to tasks and collaborate with others on the appropriate technical implementation. Bestow software engineers are great teammates. You are willing to collaborate with other software engineers, product managers and designers. You leave code in a better place than it was when you started.
Challenges on which you can expect to work:
- Building Product Features. We're a startup with a long product roadmap. You'll be working with a team to make that roadmap a reality.
- You will be developing new product features using Python 3, Golang, and PostgreSQL.
- Resolving issues with previously delivered features.
- Writing unit and integration tests for code you create.
- Peer review code developed by others on your team;
- Ensure software is secure, maintainable and extensible;
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- Fostering Best Practices. We might be small but we've got big ambitions. Folks joining the team will be defining our software engineering culture. You are someone that strives to build a premier engineering organization.
- Encourage automation and continuous improvement.
A Little About You:
- 3+ years of back end software development experience
- Professional experience with Python 3; Experience with Flask a plus
- Professional experience with a relational database like PostgreSQL
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- A desire and willingness to learn
- Initiative and motivation to make things happen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Read Full Job Description