Back End Engineer at Studio X
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts, and investors. Our venture creates a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Backed by a Fortune 500 conglomerate with deep ties to this industry, this venture is uniquely positioned to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar geo-exploration services industry. Through the application of cutting-edge technology, product advantages and deep market relationships, we will provide a smart digital experience.
We are seeking a Backend Engineer. In this role, you will be working on projects that make a tremendous impact for those solving problems in the Geoscience exploration space. You will utilize Python and NodeJS to build REST API’s, perform intelligent search and analysis, and enable business capabilities for partners. As a member of the team, you will share knowledge, relentlessly problem solve, and quickly learn our existing infrastructure, offering ideas for enhancements to support key business initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Ensure high quality monitoring coverage to prevent alert fatigue
- Design and implement product features including reusable components, frameworks and libraries in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Coordinate with front-end web development and other development teams in order to produce an end to end user experience
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code by using software development best practices
- Stay up to date with latest standards, technologies, frameworks or trends
What You'll Bring:
- Minimum five years of related work experience
- Working experience in and deep knowledge of Python, NodeJS, Docker and PostgreSQL
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on experience integrating with REST APIs
- Experience with Express, Flask or other API service frameworks
- Amazon AWS Experience
- Working experience in Kubernetes a plus
- A solid understanding of latest security and performance concerns
- Experience solving complex business problems
- AWS Sagemaker experience is a bonus
Time Commitment / Travel Requirements
- Startup hours, which includes some nights/weekends