Back End Software Engineer, Confluence Smarts at Atlassian
Atlassian is looking for a talented Back End Software Engineer to join the Confluence Smarts team in Mountain View or remote. Confluence Smarts team is a cross-functional team, which is responsible for optimizing the user experience with data and algorithms. As a Back End Software Engineer, you'll get a chance to work with a large volume of data and develop new microservices to iterate quickly on the solution. You'll work as part of a rapidly growing high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. You'll collaborate with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of related industry experience in developing scalable backend services
- Proficiency in Java or Python programming, debugging, and build tools
- Solid fundamental skills in data structures, algorithms
- Strong engineering skills in building well-tested, reliable software components
- Ability to deep-dive and diagnose system bottlenecks via monitoring and metrics
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space, and time
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS (preferred), GAE, Azure)
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant sync or async micro-services
- Experience working with large-scale distributed eventing systems, i.e. Kafka, SNS, SQS
- Experience with Databricks, Airflow, or prior knowledge about machine learning applications
- Familiarity with reactive programming frameworks, i.e. Spring Webflux, RXJava
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., Scrum)
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
More about the team
Confluence Smarts consists of both seasoned senior and junior software engineers, living in California and Washington. We believe and live by the Atlassian values every day and help each other to reach our goals as a team. We can't wait for you to join us!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .