AffiniPay is looking for Backend Rails Engineers to help build our payment processing platform. Our custom platform is built for processing large transactions in a highly secure environment for our clients nationwide and is the leader in the industry. You’ll help us build and implement new features to our existing platform, release the next version of our AffiniPay product, and improve the security and usability of our solutions. As a Backend Rails Engineer at AffiniPay, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining our internal and external applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Engage in technical discussions and design of new solutions and architectures
- Collaborating with our product team on new and existing features to improve user experience and usability
- Determining feasibility & scalability of front end solutions and guiding the technical design accordingly
- Owning the implementation of new features for both our Rails applications (and longer-term, other technologies)
- Working to improve processes and technologies
- Mentoring and pairing with other developers on the team
- Contributing to code reviews with other engineers in order to maintain and improve quality
- Deploying and managing applications, including static frontend applications, in AWS alongside our operations team
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Consistent track record of building, deploying and supervising large scale, high availability web applications
- Experience with SQL, and familiarity with databases such as Postgres or MySql
- A passion for guiding and mentoring developers of varying experience levels
- Experience solving large-application/user-level problems, performance, scalability, etc.
- Proficient at debugging sophisticated problems using interactive development tools, logs, and/or IDE
- Willingness to work in multiple programming languages and frameworks
- Well-rounded knowledge of distributed systems and software architecture
- Bonus points for Rails experience
- Experience using Docker a plus
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux shell environment
At AffiniPay, we’re continuously taking on exciting and interesting problems to define the direction of the financial technology industry and transform the way professionals get paid! Our drive to become leaders in FinTech has fostered our fast-paced, growth-focused culture. We’ve assembled teams of highly collaborative problem solvers who are passionate about both personal and company growth. We are eager to create, work together, and go above and beyond to be industry leaders. We also know that our people are our greatest asset and responsible for our ultimate success. As such, we invest in our team members’ growth and development, recognize accomplishments, and celebrate successes together. We’re building a winning team, and we need more creative, collaborative, and fun-loving people to help us get the job done!Affini-Perks! We've got you covered...
Competitive compensation structure
401K with automatic 5% company contribution
100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefit plans
100% Company-paid short- and long-term disability and life insurance
Open PTO plan
Paid maternity/paternity leave
Fun offsite quarterly meetings
AffiniPay Swag Package
Company lunches and fully stocked kitchen
All the benefits of a startup culture without the downsides
The chance to be a vital team member of one of Austin's fastest-growing companies!