Catalog Transfer Services Engineer
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Catalog Transfer Services Engineer. This role requires a strong technical background and applicants should be self-motivated and used to working within a small team environment. Employee is responsible for building and maintaining complex ETL software, building and maintaining a stand-alone, auto-scaling AWS infrastructure - including 24/7 on-call shifts to respond to any outages, building and maintaining internal software used by the CTS team locally and on VM’s to perform data transfer, maintain and develop over 10 (currently) Self Serve Apps offered in the BigCommerce Marketplace including the AWS Infrastructure, and any other ENG/DEV project that is considered senior. This role will also require you to be a technical lead on complex client-facing projects.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor, maintain and continue to build out a complex auto-scaling AWS infrastructure, including 24/7 on-call shifts to fix critical alerts/failures
- Draw on your knowledge and experience to successfully run the Catalog Transfer app for all platforms
- Investigate, debug, and rerun Catalog Transfers using your knowledge of PHP, MySQL, SQL, REDIS and a variety of data formats
- Mentor juniors on the team and assist with questions and issues, including long term goals and project management
- Advise the ETL development team on development best practices
- Develop roadmaps and goals with senior leadership
- Periscope/Segment Metrics tracking and dashboards
- Workflow and Process Building and Management
- Develop and assist in leading tech design for future projects
- Participate in ENG org meetings/keep our team current with ENG tech and direction
- Lead by example through positive contributions to code review and general BigCommerce culture
Who You Are
- Strong PHP/Laravel (5 years +)
- Vagrant/VirtualBox/VM (2 years +)
- AWS: EC2, Elasticache, S3, Cloudfront, Route 53 (2 years +)
- Git/GitHub experience/proficiency
- Strong SQL/MYSQL (2 years +)
- Strong Knowledge ETL/Data Migrations (work history and examples a plus)
- Experience Scaling Systems
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.