Chief Information Security Officer at Vista Consulting Group
The role of the information security department is to safeguard enterprise information, computing assets, intellectual property and customer privacy while providing data retention and compliance oversight. We are looking for a world class cybersecurity leader to serve as Chief Information Security Officer. This executive will be tasked with overseeing the implementation of appropriate information technology and supporting compliance measures to ensure the protection of electronic information, computer security and public confidence. This position is responsible for identifying, evaluating and reporting on security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements, and aligns with and supports the risk posture of the firm. He or she will proactively work with internal stakeholders to implement transparent practices that meet defined policies and standards for information security. He or she will also oversee a variety of risk management activities which may include Information Security, Risk Management, Vendor Management, Incident Management, Governance and/or Compliance. The ideal candidate is a thought leader, a consensus builder, and an integrator of people and processes.
In addition to serving as Vista's internal security leader, the CISO will also support the onboarding of new Vista companies and will partner closely with information security leaders across the portfolio to implement information security programs, privacy initiatives, standards, and controls. He or she will drive value creation within the Vista portfolio by combining industry-leading methodologies with Vista’s proprietary and proven Vista Best Practices in the area of information security.
Austin or Chicago preferred; remote OK
1. Expert resource and thought leader to Vista companies ensuring each company has the proper cyber security and compliance programs in place. Responsibilities include:
• Establish a trusted relationship with executives and cyber leaders at Vista companies
• Provide senior leadership and expert guidance to Vista companies as well as Vista key stakeholders (Ops Principals, BWT, Principals, etc)
• Provide a roadmap for and manage incident response across the portfolio.
• Apply a common cyber security program across companies to ensure the safeguard of a company's assets, intellectual property and computer systems, as well as the physical safety of employees and visitors
• Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies
• Work with other executives to prioritize security initiatives and spending based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology
• Develop and provide centralized security services to companies when appropriate
• Provide Actionable Security Intelligence to companies
2. Close partnership with Vista’s internal IT, Compliance and Legal. Responsibilities include:
• Provide senior leadership and expert guidance to Vista’s internal technology, compliance and legal teams
• Provide technical evaluation, guidance and strategic oversight of information technology used for intrusion detection, virus protection, spam blocking, internet filtering, security monitoring, access control and remote access
• Partner with Vista’s internal cybersecurity team on the creation, implementation and ongoing administration of enterprise wide information security and privacy infrastructure, policies, tactical work plan, service level agreements, key performance indicators, controls and reporting
• Represent the firm on required compliance requirements, fund raising activities, etc.
3. Subject matter expert for assessing prospective investments in cyber security companies.
• Provide product and market insights on prospective cyber security investments
• Partner with tech diligence team to evaluate products and organizations of cyber security technology companies
• Develop detailed assessment reports on prospective cyber security investments
• 15+ years of progressive experience in computing and information security, including experience with internet and property systems security.
• Working knowledge of standard industry information privacy requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
• Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
• Experience with disaster recovery planning, testing and auditing.
• Experience with risk analysis, business resumption planning and contingency planning.
• Maintain relationships with critical vendors.
• Experience developing and implementing global information security policies and procedures, in addition to successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic environment.
• Professional certification required, such as a CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC or CGEIT.
• Strong working knowledge of the law enforcement community.
• Solid understanding of information technology and information security.
• Ability to influence multiple stakeholders of varying levels of seniority.
• Ability to assimilate disparate sources of information and adapt to evolving business requirements.
• Ability to skillfully negotiate ambiguity and achieve superior results in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information technology or other related major or equivalent experience required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Flexibility to travel up to 65%
Reports to Managing Director, Technology & Product Development
Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you energized by making good businesses great? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us – we are seeking a leader to drive growth at Vista companies via business process and operational excellence.
About Vista Consulting Group
Vista Consulting Group is the operating and consulting arm of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a private equity firm that specializes in acquiring software, data, and tech-enabled companies with over $50 billion in cumulative capital commitments.
The VCG team works in conjunction with the Vista investment professionals and key portfolio company employees to help current and newly-acquired businesses strengthen their operations through the implementation of standardized, repeatable and proven processes and methodologies. Explore our current (and past) companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
The Vista family of companies represents, collectively, the fourth-largest software company in the world. We also have a relentless focus on talent – within Vista and across our companies – meaning you will work shoulder-to-shoulder with thoughtful, curious, and talented executives. In 2019, several of our CEOs were named among the top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://www.thesoftwarereport.com/the-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2019/
Your position within VCG would provide you with an opportunity to strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled opportunity for personal development and career growth. This position will serve as an executive leader at VCG helping shape our companies as well as the careers of talented software executives at VCG and beyond. We take a “build-your-own career” approach and actively support the long-term career ambitions of our top performers across the entire Vista family.
What’s different about Vista?
• Vista Equity Partners invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry’s largest dedicated consulting arm (Vista Consulting Group). Today, we have a dedicated staff of over 150 employees, whose sole focus is driving success – helping leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually advance their careers
• Vista Equity Partners is a certified Minority-Based Enterprise, and we actively invest in building high performing, diverse teams within Vista Consulting Group as well as within our portfolio companies
• Because Vista only invests in software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our best practices and tools across the portfolio, while also supporting talent growth across the Vista family ecosystem