Cloud - Senior Software Engineer at Elastic
Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Elastic is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Cloud QA team. Engineers applying for this role are themselves developers who can use the Elastic stack and Elastic Cloud platform and are focused on Quality Automation as well as creating usable tools, frameworks and solutions that improve developer productivity. We are strong believers in test automation, framework design and continuous delivery. Cloud QA engineers empower our development teams to author stable and reliable code faster.What you will be doing
- Manage a variety of projects related to testing frameworks, tooling, automation, continuous integration, deployment methodology and much more.
- Design and develop reliable and performant test frameworks to automate API testing.
- Demonstrate and promote their usage across customer-zero: our engineers.
- Automate to eliminate human toil in deployment and release testing.
- Enable shift-left thinking through continuous integration and delivery.
- Work with our infrastructure teams to improve internal Cloud environments.
- Utilize the Elastic Stack for testing and introspection of Elastic Cloud.
- Collaborate across functions and mentor other engineers on a quality mindset.
- You believe that a diverse company is a better company, and want to work with men and women all over the world.
- You have a software engineering background with prior experience working as a developer, QA engineer, or software engineer focused on developer productivity.
- You have strong experience with programming in a statically typed language like Java, Go or Scala.
- You have experience troubleshooting low-level systems from web APIs.
- You have experience in delivering continuous integration in a SaaS environment.
- You have operational experience with any of the major Cloud providers.
- You are passionate about software quality, developer productivity and release processes.
- You are exposed to configuration management and infrastructure-as-code principles.