Cloud Services Architect at SailPoint
SailPoint is seeking a Cloud Services Architect to join the SailPoint Cloud Services team. This is a unique and challenging role in which the successful applicant will be a senior technical resource of a team that deploys and manages cloud hosted IdentityIQ installations. The role requires deep understanding and experience with a number of software and cloud environment configurations that relate to both the system administration and software engineering disciplines. The ideal candidate must be self-directed and a fast learner: flexible enough to work on modern technologies or legacy components. Prior experience with SailPoint or other identity governance products, while preferred, is not required.
Location: Austin, Texas
- Act as a senior technical advisor for clients, partners and our internal teams
- Lead architecture and deployment initiatives to meet customer requirements
- Scope cloud hosted infrastructure for customer proposals
- Maintain and improve the multi-stream deployment framework (IaC and software provisioning).
- Create toolkits and documentation to improve deployment processes and enable consumers of the service
- Continually improve knowledge of cloud platforms, software engineering concepts, and provisioning/IaC tools.
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of key compliance objectives such as: ISO 270001, SOC2, FedRAMP, etc.
- Work independently or with others to accomplish directives; provide mentoring to other employees as needed.
- Work closely with customer’s technical teams to resolve complex infrastructure challenges
- Participate in an on-call, after-hours rotation for customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Science or related discipline and 7 years of relevant work experience (or graduate degree and 5 years of work experience), preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to conceptualize and document systems for non-technical audiences.
- Advanced, hands-on experience with deploying and/or managing applications on cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- In-depth understanding of an object-oriented programming language and application framework such as: Java (e.g. JSP/Spring), C# (e.g. ASP.NET), Python (e.g. Django) or PHP (Laravel).
- Advanced knowledge of network infrastructure components (load balancers, switches, routers, firewalls, DNS, etc.), especially as they relate to cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of one or more database platforms (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, or Microsoft SQL Server) and relational database systems concepts.
- Mastery-level understanding of multi-layer web application architecture components and concepts (MVC, ORM, HTTP, REST, HTML, J2EE, etc.).
- Knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine, and container concepts.
- An understanding of enterprise software security, including RBAC.
- Experience with the Linux terminal.
- Experience with source code management tools like Git or Subversion.
- Experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, or Gradle.
- Experience with IaC concepts and DevOps tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc.).
- Experience deploying software for US Government customers
- Experience with some form of identity management/governance product.
- Experience with SailPoint IdentityIQ or IdentityNow.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.