Cloud Systems Architect
NSS Labs is seeking a Systems Architect based in Austin, TX. Responsible for advancing the architecture of our cloud-based applications, as well as leading and coordinating the implementation of our cloud applications. Our teams use a progressive Kubernetes based, microservices architecture. A candidate must be responsible for architecting and working with teams to create highly monitorable services which uphold their SLAs and must be comfortable with all lifecycle aspects of production platforms and applications.
- Lead the design and development for the cloud platform applications.
- Build, extend and maintain monitoring solutions for the cloud platform and its applications.
- Provide technical writeups and diagrams on how systems are to be built, enabling other engineers to build according to the technical documentation.
- Provide critical, yet constructive, peer review on pull requests. Always with an eye to security.
- Understand and disseminate system level requirements based on the objectives of the company and the product owners.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies to better solve problems faced by the engineering teams.
- Be the flag bearer of the team for all aspects of software development life cycle. Writing code and tests responsibly. Building performant and safe applications. Collaborating with team members and seeking out peer review on your own code.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years architecting, developing and maintaining production grade software.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux.
- Mastery of Linux virtualization and containerization paradigms, especially docker.
- Strong understanding and experience with building microservices. Including all aspects of workload analysis, concurrency and parallelization, memory usage, instrumentation, logging, tracing, high-availability, fault tolerance &c.
- Strong understanding and experience with building and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure using automation tools like terraform.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong diagnostics capabilities. Must understand how to debug distributed systems.
- Strong understanding and experience with data storage technologies, ranging from SQL to NoSQL, columnar, key-value (caching), AMQP &c.
- Strong understanding of systems, network security, and browser security. TLS, CORS, CSP, XSS, CSRF, DDoS, process isolation, authorization protocols like OAuth & SAML.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously in agile environment.
- Own and drive tasks to completion with excellent quality while being an excellent team player.
- Self-Starter, detail oriented, organized, independent, strong sense of ownership and urgency, flexible, adaptable and fast learner.
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSS Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.