DevOps Engineer, Cloud Managed Services (FedRAMP) at SailPoint
IdentityIQ is SailPoint’s Identity and Access Governance product, and the DevOps Engineer will be a key player on the FedRAMP and Cloud Managed Service team. The successful candidate will proactively work with Engineering, Product Management, Services, and other departments to implement and operate our global, customer-facing cloud managed service for IdentityIQ. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced job, thrives on problem solving, and is committed to delivering seamless product availability to large enterprises around the world.
Location: United States
- Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient cloud-hosted IdentityIQ platform to meet established SLAs
- Work closely with internal and external parties to build, monitor and maintain the cloud hosted IdentityIQ infrastructure in both production and non-production environments.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Work with internal and external parties to define infrastructure to meet customer’s business requirements within the purchased subscription service level
- Monitor infrastructure costs to help meet SailPoint business model expectations
- Work closely with internal and external teams on each customer deployment
- Build and maintain IdentityIQ-specific monitors and alerts
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance (e.g., ISO, SOX, SSAE 16) in close cooperation with the Security Operations and Compliance teams
- Work closely with global DevOps and Support teams to provide 24x7x365 support to customers
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Travel is less than 25% for hires outside of Austin, TX
Background & Experience:
- Must be United States citizen (FedRAMP compliance requirement)
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS vendor or cloud service provider (3-5 years)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure environments, AWS and/or Azure (3-5 years) AWS certifications and experience are preferred: https://aws.amazon.com/certification/
- Experience with containerization and infrastructure as code technologies, preferably Terraform, Docker
- Experience with Java applications and related J2EE technology stack
- Release automation (e.g., Jenkins), system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Experience using scripting languages (e.g., Ruby, Python), configuration management tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet) and command execution frameworks (e.g. Ansible)
- Experience with a continuous monitoring tool like Splunk is preferred
- Strong understanding of Linux system administration, networking and troubleshooting techniques
- History of effective collaboration on technical work and/or technical compliance initiatives with others.
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience preferred
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.