Datical is a fast-paced startup providing disruptive technology in the rapidly growing DevOps market. We’re not your typical startup; our management team comes with a history of successful startups: Phurnace, Build Forge, Gazzang, Bazaarvoice, Troux, Relativity and more. We’re well funded by Austin Ventures, Mercury Ventures, and S3. With more than 250% growth in 2016, it’s no wonder we were recognized as a “Cool Vendor” by Gartner! And, our growing list of Fortune 500 customers means we’re looking for the best and brightest minds to join our development team and be a part of the next big opportunity in Austin!
Datical does DevOps for the Database, and we need you to do DevOps for Datical. The first order of business is to help us monitor and manage our build and test environments. With day-to-day operations running smoothly, you will focus your attention on improving our infrastructure, keeping systems patched, adding new test environments, enhancing our release pipelines, keeping our spending on budget, and identifying other areas for improvement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Structure and maintain the software configuration management system
- Automate and maintain the software build process
- Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results
- Provide support to development teams that use the automated infrastructure
- Automate software deployment and monitoring
- Collaborate with developers to bring new DevOps capabilities into Datical
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (e.g. AWS, EC2)
- Knowledge of RDBMS platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, PostgresEDB)
- Container based architecture and deployments (Docker, Ansible, etc.)
- Release automation (e.g. Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarCube, Findbugs, etc), system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience.
- Experience using scripting languages (Ruby, Python, etc), configuration management tools (Git, TFS, SVN, Chef, Puppet, etc) and command execution frameworks.
- Knowledge of automated code review and testing tools (e.g., Cucumber)
- Knowledge of workflow tools (e.g. Atlassian JIRA and Confluence)
- 5-7 years of DevOps experience at a commercial software company
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to understand the team’s needs so you can define and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports.
- Ability to operate in an agile and dynamic environment