Come join one of 2020’s Best Places to Work in the heart of downtown Austin where we’re making the lives of retailers simpler by automating the back office.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to assist with maintaining, automating and improving our infrastructure. You will work with many teams in a DevOps environment to complete tasks relating to our current projects. This will include assisting with building and maintaining our development, staging, and production infrastructure using tools to automate common everyday infrastructure tasks and to maintain an on-call rota with the team to ensure production systems stay running at all times.Your Day-to-Day Life:
- Work in a global team to roll out new features, oversee frequent releases to production and help improve our SaaS infrastructure using kubernetes, terraform and configuration management tools.
- Prioritizing project work and various tasks during regular team meetings
- Providing daily handover to fellow colleagues
- Handling administration in development, staging and production Kubernetes clusters
- Handling administration of various linux services
- Monitoring and improving monitoring & logging stack of all services
- Developing, improving and maintaining existing infrastructure as code, infrastructure applications, etc
- Providing “follow-the-sun” coverage with UK co-workers to ensure production availability
- Knowledge of AWS and its various services
- Familiar with various linux services
- Familiar maintaining & supporting varied production environments
- A customer-centric approach to creating and maintaining services
- Familiarity with Kubernetes/Docker
- Experience working with Terraform
- Have experience with modern configuration management tools (such as Ansible or Chef)
- Comfortable with scripting languages (such as bash, ruby, python, golang etc)
- Remain calm when working under pressure
- Hold a technical degree
- We will not be sponsoring any visas at this time
- Experience working with containerisation in a production environment
- Familiarity with Helm
- GoCD and Jenkins
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2020
- Competitive compensation package: salary, stock options, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays
- Paid On-Call rotation
- Stocked Kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Enjoy frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval.
Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!
Brightpearl is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.