Coder is a Series B startup that simplifies development environments for teams. We are building a future where developers are always in flow, no matter the scale of their codebase. Coder is a remote-first company with a home base in Austin, TX. We operate with a focus on knowledge sharing, iteration, and minimalist solutions.
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to improve engineering velocity and manage shared infrastructure. This role involves maintaining our monorepo, CI/CD and testing infrastructure.
This position is great for someone who Is obsessed with automation, can communicate clearly with a variety of stakeholders (dev teams), and has a broad, deep understanding of the Developer Tools space. If this sounds like you please apply and share links to your work and/or resume!
- Diagnose and resolve internal development bottlenecks
- Reduce CI times
- Increase deployment intervals
- Automate away non-creative aspects of an Engineer’s role
- Ensure the monorepo scales with our dev team
- Ensure shared dev tools balance the needs of each dev team
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps or Software Engineering role
- 2+ years of experience actively programming
- Worked at a high growth startup before
- Worked with a monorepo before
- Spent a significant amount on CI and build systems
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 3 full weeks. During these 3 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings. Coder is a remote first company with our HQ in Austin, TX. 🤠
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that
Read Full Job Description