DevOps Engineer at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:20 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, February 9, 2022
How You’ll Support Our Mission
Our vision is to provide our customers with meaningful information that leads to actionable outcomes, improving community health and safety through the power of data.
As a DevOps Engineer at ESO, you will collaborate with the platform engineering team (data, analytics, cloud, security, and services) and across the engineering teams, to make our software more reliable while increasing release cadence. You will develop automation solutions for deploying the infrastructure and services required to run our applications in Azure. You’ll be a teacher, an engineer and a promoter for modern DevOps and Infrastructure-As-Code practices.
Reporting to the DevOps Technical Lead, you will be part of our Platform Engineering team.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day today
· You will move throughout the company consulting with product development teams to design and build DevOps processes and culture into everything we do.
· Work with our development and quality teams to implement and advise on the use of technologies, tools and processes and move them towards CI/CD and infrastructure -as-code
· Be the expert and Go-To person for DevOps process and patterns across the organization
· Advocate for containerization and serverless technologies and help with the implementation of these technologies in various teams across the company
· Have flexibility and ownership of DevOps technology and processes
Who You Are
· 3+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer.
· Docker and Kubernetes orchestration preferably deploying and supporting production applications.
· Cloud platform experience, preferably with Azure.
· CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy etc.
· Infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
· Scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Powershell.
· Experience with development languages such as .NET, Java and Python.
· Experience with Database technologies such as SQL, Mongo and Cosmo DB.
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
Planning and problem solving with platform and engineering teams.
· APM/Infrastructure monitoring and alerting tools such as New Relic.
· Windows and Linux environment experience.
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
In the spirit of ESO’s mission to “Improve Community Health and Safety through the Power of Data,” and in accordance with ESO’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, ESO requires all United States (US) employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of if you work remotely or in office unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested in a timely manner and approved. This policy will help safeguard the health of our employees and customers, as well as the community at large.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check and compliance with ESO’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.