Organizations have reached a tipping point in data access where the effort involved in making data accessible is exceeding the value extracted from the data. Access to large, distributed data today is too complex, and the technologies to manage it are designed for scale rather than efficiency. As the adoption of advanced analytics and machine learning continues to accelerate, data readiness and availability will be the primordial ingredient required for success. The ultimate goal is instant access to real time data at high concurrency, but few if any businesses achieve this.
Molecula does achieve this via a novel data representation which is built from the ground up for storing and manipulating features. Our feature-oriented data format goes beyond columnar to find the most efficient data representation for analytics, and we do some unconventional things in software to make this possible.
Molecula’s vision is to unlock human potential through the power of real-time data. Our core technology is an enterprise feature store that solves the massive data readiness problem and allows companies to focus on extracting value from their data. We are a fast-growing startup with a cohesive team determined to bring about a complete transformation in the way enterprises and application providers advance by providing access to data at the speed of thought.
Molecula is looking to bring on a Dev(Sec)Ops Engineer to help us define and improve the infrastructure and operations of our cloud offering. We are looking for people who are passionate about building and delivering enterprise grade software that will push the boundaries on how data is accessed today. You will play a critical role in helping us build, operate, and secure a world class SaaS offering.
- Automating all aspects of operations
- Designing and implementing new operational components
- Participating in code and configuration review
- Monitoring infrastructure and responding to issues
- Working closely with development teams to ensure security and operations are always considered from the start
In this position, you will be expected to have—and the propensity to build upon—the following requirements:
- Experience operating and automating cloud or SaaS products
- Experience with containers
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience operating distributed databases
- Deep experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tooling
The following are desirable though not required:
- Open source contributions.
- Experience with Go(lang)
- Software Engineering experience
- Experience with Agile and Scrum development methodology.
- Experience with perf, eBPF, and other Linux performance/observability tooling.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Database administration
You agree with and are prepared to live the following values:
- Integrity—above all else, you are honest. Without trust, we fail.
- Initiative—new challenges arise constantly, you take responsibility for meeting them rather than waiting to be told what to do.
- Commitment—you follow through, you get things across the finish line.
- Scientific Mindset—you make an effort to understand things deeply and test your hypotheses, however you also know that it can be more efficient to go with your instincts and tradeoff against the next value...
- Speed—You push to iterate quickly and find the minimum that can be done to get to the next learning and manage risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.