Director of Developer Relations at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Right now, we are working from home temporarily due to Covid. Normally, our Austin team works downtown in the San Jacinto Center. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
As the Director of Developer Relations you will be leading a team of evangelists that focus on inspiring and enabling developers and engineers to be successful with Airbrake and LogicMonitor.
In this role you will be hands on with Error monitoring, Observability and Deployments (using Airbrake and LM), as you create presentations, blog posts, workshops and foster relationships with developer communities of Airbrake & LM.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Hire & lead a talented group of individuals focusing on the developer community, technical integrations and onboarding, developer documentation, and evangelism programs (events, meetups)
- Directly influences organizational goals and contributes to Airbrake GTM strategy, identifying new approaches and responses
- Recognized lead for a number of programs or systems that solve large, open-ended problems, often involving new or innovative approaches
- Take part of building a compelling story for developers on Airbrake and LM to build better applications.
- Advocate for developers internally and externally, and consult with external developers to ensure successful product development
- Write content, speak at conferences and meetups to build LM and Airbrakes reputation as a leader in "Developers doing Observability".
- Partner with technical writers to build developer facing documentation for SDKs and APIs, to foster growth of developer community.
- Collaborate within the open source projects that LM & Airbrake are involved in to continue progressing our mindshare.
- Influence product management, marketing and sales around the needs and wants of developers.
- Partner with product engineering teams to build compelling demos for key developer use cases.
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- You have 3+ years of experience leading developer relations or community advocacy programs
- Publicly available samples of writings and recordings of presentations of technical topics
- Up to date knowledge of common and trendy software engineering practices, such as REST, CRUD, Agile, Lean - preferably with some opinions!
- A Github account (or similar) with some activity either in personal projects or as contributor (in any form)
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.