Director of Engineering - Integrations at A Cloud Guru, A Pluralsight Company
The Director of Engineering, Flow for Pluralsight will lead development teams to deliver key features or aspects of our product that ensure that our customers are delighted. This role is responsible for helping to accomplish key business priorities, and will be relied upon to prioritize technical engineering considerations and workstreams to meet those objectives. You will work closely with all parts of our engineering organization, driving priorities and empowering Software Engineers with the tools necessary for them to deliver. We're looking for someone with experience building a SaaS product, crafting and communicating internal engineering processes, and leading developers to fulfill their potential while keeping a collaborative and service-minded direction with their teams.
Who you are
- A compassionate and hardworking engineer!
- Someone with an eye for seeing where and when technical decisions improve our product roadmaps
- A leader with emotional intelligence and maturity to partner with a set of highly capable and empowered direct reports while also genuinely interested in and engaged with the broader engineering team at all levels. You bring out the best in your team.
- A thoughtful and artful communicator within your engineering teams and across the broader organization.
- Someone with enormous drive to build the best product
What you'll own
- Product Delivery: co-own the delivery roadmap for your product features with the Product team
- Product Excellence: The technology and components to delight our users, improve quality, and reduce the cost of support and maintenance of your product
- A Reliable Experience: ensure your product meets or exceeds the contracted SLA uptime
- Growth of Team: The responsibility for the opportunities, growth, and personal development of the engineers that report to you
- Product Strategy: inform the product strategy by bringing technical perspective to the conversations
- Product Champion: strategically leveraging Pluralsight's own products across your organization
Experience you'll need
- Extensive experience shipping cloud services, with technical depth to be active in decisions about the architectural investments
- Demonstrated ability to focus product development on the top business priorities, and to be accountable for keeping strategic deliverables on track
- Hands-on software development experience and credibility with the hands-on teams of engineers
- Experience with software methodologies and software development tools for project management and issue tracking
- Diagramming and development of presentations and maps and specifications for developers
- Experience with content production tools, terms, and related technical and legal concerns
- Experience with API management, product instrumentation, analytics, continuous development and integration, and security and audit concerns
- Experience with UX and UI concepts, though we do not expect you to be a designer
- Leadership and coaching experience as a technical lead, team lead, or manager
- Strong cross-team and cross-department partnership skills for negotiating smart agreements