Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we're passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We've built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
Sana is seeking a Director of Engineering to help scale its growing team of engineers. As Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for planning and monitoring work schedules to keep projects on track, implementing processes to improve developer efficiency, hiring great engineers, and taking an interest in the professional development of your direct reports. Close collaboration with Product/Design (not to mention all other departments) will be exceptionally important, as well.
A successful Director of Engineering at Sana will have exceptional leadership, communication and project management skills, years of management experience, and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others.
We are building a distributed engineering team and encourage all applicants to apply, regardless of location.
What you will do
- Implement best practices within the engineering team
- Manage day-to-day project progress
- Participate the in the professional development of others on the engineering team
- Work with the product and design team to build a product roadmap
- Help keep technical debt and bugs in check
- Hire great engineers and help build a strong engineering culture
- Deliver performance reviews and recommend compensation increases
- Report to top management
- 6+ years of experience in management
- A background in shipping mission-critical code in a production environment
- Up-to-date knowledge of modern software development practices
- Experience delivering large, complex features in incremental chunks
- Highly-flexible / comfortable working in a fast-growing, ever-changing organization
- Above-average emotional intelligence
- Comfortable building and maintaining a distributed team
- A keen interest in fixing our broken healthcare system
- Stock options in rapidly scaling startup
- Flexible vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401(k) and HSA plans
- Parental leave
- Remote worker stipend
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Dynamic start-up environment
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!
Read Full Job Description