Elasticsearch - Principal Java Engineer - Core Features team at Elastic
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Do you want to work on distributed search and analytics software which impacts the lives of millions of people? We’re not interested in your previous job title. Instead, we are looking for bright people with a deep knowledge of Java, algorithms, and concurrency and who love to take on new challenges.
Right now, we are on the lookout for a talented Java Engineer to join our Elasticsearch team and focus on the core infrastructure and features of Elasticsearch - such as Index Lifecycle Management and Data Streams. You can work fully remote from your home.What you will be doing
- Evolving the core infrastructure and features of Elasticsearch
- Designing and implementing new horizontally-scalable features and APIs in Elasticsearch
- Understanding and contributing to surrounding layers such as replication and search
- Optimizing internal data structures used within Elasticsearch
- Tackling difficult issues, including performance or concurrency issues, and proposing solutions
- Collaborating in the open with the Elasticsearch team, Elastic Stack users, and other supporting open source projects
- Partnering with our support engineers on the harder problems
- Strong skills in Java and the JVM, including concurrency concepts and the standard library of data structures
- Willingness to dive into new issues and ask for help when you need it
- Experience deploying and operationalizing software in production
- Strong Shell skills
- Experience leading projects involving multiple engineers/cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of packaging (like RPM / Debian)
- Build system experience in Gradle
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.