Endpoint Security Engineer at SailPoint
This is a hands-on role that requires deep technical knowledge of system, network, mobile, cloud, and application security along with a solid understanding of enterprise-level security frameworks, policies, processes, and standards. Candidate will be responsible for the review and analysis of security requirements, development of security policies and procedures, and working with IT Operations and all other organizations to actively protect corporate computing assets.
Help research, implement, manage, and monitor security systems. Analyze and interpret security system and SIEM log and alert data. Approve firewall, network segmentation, and other IT system security configurations. Conduct vulnerability scans, security audits, and enterprise security assessments. Interact with other organizations at SailPoint as a consultant on security-related matters. Have a flexible approach with the ability to balance the needs of security with the needs of the business. Develop and deploy solutions that provide a strong security posture while minimizing the impact to the business.
Facilitate compliance with company security policies, practices, and legal requirements as well as industry compliance frameworks such as NIST, SOC2, ISO27001, FedRAMP, HITRUST, and PCI. Help manage incident response and remediation efforts for system and network attacks. Stay abreast of all industry network and security issues and ensure that all IT systems remain secure through adherence to industry best practice and corporate security policies. Manage corporate security awareness training.
Requirements for the Position
Successful candidate will meet most, if not all of the following requirements:
- 5+ years of security administration experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience in defining, implementing, and enforcing security standards, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of industry security frameworks such as NIST, SSAE16 SOC2, ISO27001
- Experience in risk management, data classification, and corporate threat assessment
- Experience in network security using technologies such as NGFW, DLP, NAC, IDS/IPS, MFA
- Knowledge of system-level security in Windows, Unix, Wi-Fi, and mobile device environments
- Experience interpreting vulnerability scans, security forensics, log analysis, and threat assessment
- Proven understanding of common system security attack vectors such as DDOS, man in the middle, spoofing, TCP hijacking, DNS poisoning, buffer overflow, SYN flood, SQL injection, cross-site scripting, worms/trojans/bots, social engineering, etc…
- Experience with network analysis and forensics tools such as NMap, WireShark, Nessus, EnCase
- Experience with SIEM systems and analysis of security logs and event correlation
- Knowledge of mobile device security and technologies such as EMM and MDM
- Knowledge of cloud security technologies such as CASB
- Solid understanding of Identity Access Management and Identity Governance principles and technologies
- Highly active observer of industry security trends and threats – remains up to date on current security issues
- Very flexible attitude with the ability to balance security vs the needs of the business
- Experience with security incident response
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with demonstrated commitment to producing high quality documentation
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic and uncompromising integrity
- Some combination of the following security certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CISA, CISM, CEH, CPT/CEPT, CWSP, ENCE, etc
This position will work at SailPoint’s headquarters in Austin, Texas. We are currently seeking local candidates only.