Engineering Manager, Bitbucket Cloud at Atlassian
Do you love making tools for other software engineering teams? Come work with us as an Engineering Manager for the DevSpeed team in Bitbucket Cloud. You will be part of an established team and your primary focus will be to help Bitbucket development teams function better, and to empower our developers to ship with more agility and confidence. In this role, you will lead a team focused on improving the development experience, which runs the gamut of building features in Bitbucket to developing standalone tools. Your greatest responsibility will be towards your team - mentoring and supporting them in their professional development, unlocking their potential, and challenging them to step outside their comfort zone to grow and excel.
The best person for this role is someone that has strong team leadership skills and a collaborative spirit - in our world, it's not about being a hero and having all the answers, it's about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
The following attributes are what we think will help candidates be successful in this role. Come talk to us if you are passionate about working in this space - we are not expecting you to check off every single box here.
- 1+ years in engineering management following Agile development processes and leading a high performing development team
- Demonstrated experience building large scale web software and familiarity with mobile technologies.
- Working well within a multi-functional team, and a willingness to mentor developers via design reviews, code reviews, etc and can also collaborate effectively on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
- Ability to communicate strategy, plans, and status at all levels of the Bitbucket Cloud organization
- A bias towards action
- Ability to drive technical excellence, pushing innovation and quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with DevOps practices and hands on with operational excellence
- Experience managing modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Integration workflows
- Comfortable with operating in an environment of experimentation and continuous learning
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
It's great if you have experience with:
- Building modern Microservices
- Large scale single-page web applications
- Python and the Django web framework
- Git or another DVCS tool
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .