Evernote is looking for a high-performing Engineering Manager to lead the engineering team that builds and maintains its class-leading note taking application running on mobile, desktop and web. These applications are brand new and have been built from the ground up using contemporary cross-platform open source software. The team is responsible for product architecture that supports mobile, desktop and web apps. You will work closely with a very talented group of dedicated and knowledgeable engineers to manage the entire engineering lifecycle of our applications, from design to release and beyond, through production operations. You will also collaborate closely with your peers from Product, Design, Support and Marketing to synthesize customer feedback on existing and new features and blend that with business strategy to create and maintain a roadmap.
You are passionate about building quality software, obsessing over performance and responsiveness. Your team drives strategic changes that span across all product features in Evernote. In effect, it is the platform where all features of our core application come together. You will accomplish this by shipping new functionality, building shared components, and helping to shepherd the overall app architecture. Your code will enable safer, faster development of sophisticated features in Evernote clients. You will use your deep understanding of building and scaling teams and applications to make the desktop experience best-in-class.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and grow a strong engineering team focused on delivering results and engineering excellence across the engineering lifecycle - design, build, test, release, and operate, i.e., a full ownership model
- Maintain and improve your team’s operating metrics, as represented by your Service Level Goals, backed by metrics and monitoring
- Lead end-to-end execution of projects and enable teams to ship application releases in a timely manner, keeping your team focussed on well defined sprint priorities
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Support, & Marketing counterparts to define your team’s vision and roadmap
- Lead and participate in engineering wide initiatives as a member of the engineering leadership team
- Drive collaboration within your team, and grow leadership within your team to set standards and drive collaboration across engineering
What you’ve done:
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Experience optimizing performance of software for the best user experience
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience managing a distributed team is a plus as your team is in multiple locations, primarily in the US and Chile
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.