Financial Systems Architect/Developer at WP Engine
Financial Systems Architect / Developer
As a Financial Systems Architect / Developer you'll be helping support and create the strategy for and provide "hands-on" development and integration work for WP Engine's customers, employees and vendors by serving as our financial systems guru. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building integrated, sustainable application environments, has the initiative to solve problems and implement automation functionality, as well as drive the thought leadership and execution of our systems for the future. You'll be working with our Finance and Accounting teams build out for our next phase of growth.
What's Cool About This Job:
In this role, the Financial Systems Architect / Developer will not only be supporting F&A, but also will interact with multiple departments within the organization. This person has the opportunity to shape process, drive operational efficiencies, and introduce/integrated new technologies that align with WP Engine's growth goals.
The Day to Day:
Serve as subject matter expert and systems administrator for financial applications including, but not limited to, Stripe, NetSuite financials, P2P Systems (Coupa, Nvoicepay and Concur) and other SaaS financial (Adaptive Insights) and accounting applications.
- Drive implementation and integration projects related to the core financial systems, working with cross-functional teams to define user roles, permissions and controls.
- Provide development support on financial application issues including month end close, system availability, and performance optimization.
- Evaluate system issues, identify alternatives, and implement timely solutions.
- Document system configuration, functional business processes, user training and technical requirements.
- Act as solution architect for financial systems by identifying business requirements, as well as technical, procedural and functional gaps.
- Collaborate with product vendors, development team, IT, and consultants to provide in-depth technical and functional solutions and ensure development of efficient and sustainable application systems utilizing best-in-class standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- Contribute to the strategic creation and execution of project plans, project schedule, including defining activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, and task duration.
- Document requirements, design and analyze a variety of reports or queries. Design reports related to internal systems for management and audit purposes
Your Expertise and Passion:
- Demonstrated functional and technical knowledge of Information Systems with 5-7 years of implementation, support, integration, and development / customization experience.
- 3+ years of NetSuite experience required.
- Knowledge of systems infrastructure, industry standards and security practices
- Ability to design and communicate reports in a user-friendly manner
- Fundamental accounting and finance understanding/background with an understanding of internal controls, user permissions and inheritance as related to finance, accounting and integrated systems
- Strong analytical, change management, task/project management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration and cross-functional skills.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities in a fast-paced collaborative environment.