Frontend Architect, Confluence at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced and talented Principal Front End Software Engineer to join the Confluence Cloud team based out of Mountain View (but you can be anywhere in the US or Canadawith a sufficiently overlapping timezone). You will directly impact the customer experience through the design and implementation of cutting edge new features in Confluence. You'll work as part of a rapidly growing, high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. Apart from writing the best code, you'll mentor and educate more junior teammates and work on large initiatives, that improve our code quality, and operations.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience architecting and leading a variety of large scale single-page web applications
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Puppeteer, Cypress)
- Experience promoting best practices in frontend architecture, performance, and event driven programming
- You enjoy writing and sharing your expertise broadly
- Expert at front end operational excellence - you think reliability, performance, instrumentation and measurability first
- Deep understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience solving performance-related problems
- Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with Apollo GraphQL, Redux, ImmutableJS
- Familiarity with common backend service languages such as Java, Go, NodeJS
- Ability to work with designers to develop dynamic user experiences
- Previous experience working for a SaaS company
More About the Team
You'll be joining a team that is highly engaged and direct - we have some big, ambitious goals to improve customer happiness. While we work on several game changing initiatives, our north star is always to make awesome features that will continue to make Confluence awesome for team collaboration and documentation. We keep a pulse on the what the future of teams in remote environments will look like and tailor our product to enable teams to do their best work.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .