Atlassian is looking for an experienced and talented Principal Front End Software Engineer to join the Confluence Cloud team based out of Mountain View (but you can be anywhere in the US or Canadawith a sufficiently overlapping timezone). You will directly impact the customer experience through the design and implementation of cutting edge new features in Confluence. You'll work as part of a rapidly growing, high-energy team delivering incredible, creative improvements to our product. Apart from writing the best code, you'll mentor and educate more junior teammates and work on large initiatives, that improve our code quality, and operations.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience architecting and leading a variety of large scale single-page web applications
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Puppeteer, Cypress)
- Experience promoting best practices in frontend architecture, performance, and event driven programming
- You enjoy writing and sharing your expertise broadly
- Expert at front end operational excellence - you think reliability, performance, instrumentation and measurability first
- Deep understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience solving performance-related problems
- Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with Apollo GraphQL, Redux, ImmutableJS
- Familiarity with common backend service languages such as Java, Go, NodeJS
- Ability to work with designers to develop dynamic user experiences
- Previous experience working for a SaaS company
More About the Team
You'll be joining a team that is highly engaged and direct - we have some big, ambitious goals to improve customer happiness. While we work on several game changing initiatives, our north star is always to make awesome features that will continue to make Confluence awesome for team collaboration and documentation. We keep a pulse on the what the future of teams in remote environments will look like and tailor our product to enable teams to do their best work.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .