Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
If you are passionate about software and finding solutions to problems through agility, naturally curious, team-first thinker who thrives on delivering quality work in a supportive environment that encourages you to be your best, we want to talk with you!
You will be a key contributor to the Commerce Front Office Development Platform, which strives to simplify software at scale. On a typical day you will be working on challenging requirements related to different commerce initiatives. You will be part of the Atlassian's biggest transformation happening now - The Commerce Platform, that will be used across all the products/acquisitions of the company.
As a Software Engineer in the Commerce team, you will have the opportunity to apply your strong technical experience building highly reliable/available services. Your creativity is vital here to the emerging commerce platform's daily evolving requirements to anticipate and code.
About the Team
- As part of the Commerce @ IT team you will be responsible for the development of Platform engineering services within the IT ecosystem [Marketing / Sales / Care / Finance / Order Management] of Commerce Platform.
- This global team of IT & CCP is in a unique position within Atlassian. We are at the centre of a lot of key strategic business-value driven initiatives and are responsible for delivering an amazing customer experience that allows our customers to try & buy our products with ease and delight.
- You will build a better user experience through close participation in our Agile teams that include a triad of engineering, design, and product management
- You will champion new features and improvements that will make a difference to not only our IT Eco-system but key company metrics such as adoption rates for our cloud products, purchase conversion rates, support ticket reduction, reduced time to market.
- On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 4+ years professional experience in a software development team
- Strong fundamental software development skills
- Experience and expertise in Java, J2EE, Reactive programming and Microservices
- Web Frameworks - SpringBoot, JPA
- Experience in service oriented architecture/web services (REST)
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Should have strong experience in NoSql Databases (Dynamo, Elastic Search etc.,)
- Practical knowledge of SaaS, PaaS, LaaS industry with hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., XP, scrum)
- Understanding of front-end architecture and data-driven development
- Proficient in Unit Testing and integration testing in Spring
- Experience in driving and delivering complex features/software modules from technical design to launch
- A strong team player mindset. Experience in mentoring developers (via tech design reviews & sparring, code reviews, brownbags etc) and ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs with some of the best architects and developers in Atlassian
- Excited by fast paced projects and adapt at problem solving through ambiguity
Good to have, but not madatory
- eCommerce / Billing / Payments experience
- Experience with React/Angular framework, GraphQL
- Experience with large scale web applications
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience engineering software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity
- Experience in large scale transformation (think monolith to micro-services)
- Experience using AWS, Kubernetes and Docker containers
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .