Global Supply Engineer, Infrastructure at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!About the department
We are seeking a Global Supply Engineer, Infrastructure to lead a variety of Supply Chain initiatives within Cloudflare within the Global Supply Management team. The focus will be on supply chain activities related to servers network gear, and other hardware. In this role you will be partnering with various cross-functional organizations. The candidate will play a critical role in improving supplier product and process quality to enable a rapidly growing international infrastructure.What you'll do
- Partner with key internal stakeholders including, hardware and network engineering, commercial hardware sourcing, trade compliance, finance, global supply chain, logistics to develop and identify multi-year requirements to support Cloudflare’s worldwide growth.
- Identifies supplier targets and metrics that ensures capabilities and capacity are in place to effectively deliver on all infrastructure supply chain commitments.
- Review supplier production controls and quality programs in collaboration with Hardware and Network Engineering teams and identify potential execution issues and gaps compared to SLAs.
- Assess supplier capability and capacity and supplier readiness to support build events and production ramp.
- Lead the supply chain validation process in collaboration with engineering from NPI to high volume production, drive supplier process development and drive capability assessment activities, reviewing supplier documentation to ensure alignment with process capability.
- Identify potential execution issues and provide recommendations to mitigate risk within the sub-level supply chain.
- Lead corrective action plans in collaboration with the Global Supply Management team and key stakeholders with the focus on significantly reducing the number of open supply chain issues.
- Lead commodity strategies with key business stakeholders and establish Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) to drive global supplier performance.
- Manage the full lifecycle supplier management from defining the requirements with internal stakeholders, to sourcing, vendor selection, negotiations, procurement, delivery and invoice resolution, performance and risk management, asset tracking, and on/off-boarding.
- Manages supplier performance and operational breakthroughs by leveraging industry best practices, key innovations, and other methods in order to accelerate current performance from the status quo to excellence.
- Procure and manage servers, hardware, network gear to support Cloudflare’s rapid infrastructure expansion.
- Develop and implement processes to support Supply Chain needs. Identify opportunities to centralize, streamline, standardize, and automate processes, and analyze key drivers for optimization to increase productivity, efficiency, and cost savings.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- MBA or Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 years of supply chain relevant experience at a major technology company with global infrastructure footprint.
- Prior experience with global Hardware Server ODMs and Network Equipment Manufacturers .
- Strong knowledge of supply chain principles and processes and a bias for action.
- Exceptional analytical skills with regards to supply chain analysis, detail oriented with strong negotiation skills, cost and price analysis and purchasing procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in a global fragmented environment.
- Prior experience managing programs across multiple, large cross- functional teams.
- Able and willing to travel internationally on short notice.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly to a technical and non-technical audiences, and program manage multiple organizational interfaces and stakeholders.
- Independent self-starter with history of accountability of project timeline and results.
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to manage priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Highly organized and able to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.