Junior Software Developer at SecureLink
Who We Are
Astronauts needed for a mission.
At the risk of sounding immodest, SecureLink may be the coolest company you've never heard of. After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products and people, we are excited to launch the company to a higher orbit.
SecureLink is the leading platform for secure, remote support of enterprise software. Our customers are top-tier names in healthcare, gaming, government, retail, legal and other highly-regulated industries.
SecureLink's world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Spaceship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace.
What You'll Do
Work in collaboration with other team members on a daily basis with the analysis, design, implementation, and stabilization of software products with particular attention on quality.
Product Development: The main responsibility of a Junior Software Developer is to work with the product, mainly focused on remediating issues found in production, learning the tools and process to deliver software, and making sure they always keep an eye on quality.
Improvement: Junior Software Developers are always improving their skill by learning new tools and techniques. They pay attention to detail and they also constantly improve their knowledge of the application by tackling increasingly challenging tasks.
Quality: This engineer understands the importance of quality and makes efforts to maintain the highest standards. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Constantly looking to increase their knowledge of the application
- Collaborates with QA Engineers, other Developers, and the Director of Software Development during the development cycles of the product
- Shares responsibility for product quality
- Reviews code and designs from other team members, providing feedback when possible
What You'll Need
- Object-Oriented Design
- Web Development
- Excellent technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Good communication skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.